Actress Drew Barrymore Named U.N. Ambassador
Drew Barrymore earns an additional predicate besides that of movie actress. The Hollywood babe has been named an Ambassador against Hunger for the United Nation's World Food Program (WFP).
The organization announced her tapping on Wednesday May 9th. Concerning her new task, Barrymore will be promoting school feeding projects in some of the world's poorest countries.
"I am honored and humbled to accept this challenging and rewarding assignment. I can't think of any issue that is more important than working to see that no schoolchild in this world goes hungry," Barrymore was quoted as saying.
"Feeding a child at school is such a simple thing-but it works miracles. School feeding not only fills stomachs, but has a proven track record of boosting enrollment, attendance and academic performance. For just pennies a day per child, this program changes lives-and ultimately can impact the futures of poor countries around the world in a profound way," the actress added.
Barrymore has become the latest Ambassador for the WFP joining Kenyan world marathon record-holder Paul Tergat, who is a former receiver of school feeding programs, among others.
More Drew Barrymore News
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift