Actress Drew Barrymore Named U.N. Ambassador
Drew Barrymore earns an additional predicate besides that of movie actress. The Hollywood babe has been named an Ambassador against Hunger for the United Nation's World Food Program (WFP).
The organization announced her tapping on Wednesday May 9th. Concerning her new task, Barrymore will be promoting school feeding projects in some of the world's poorest countries.
"I am honored and humbled to accept this challenging and rewarding assignment. I can't think of any issue that is more important than working to see that no schoolchild in this world goes hungry," Barrymore was quoted as saying.
"Feeding a child at school is such a simple thing-but it works miracles. School feeding not only fills stomachs, but has a proven track record of boosting enrollment, attendance and academic performance. For just pennies a day per child, this program changes lives-and ultimately can impact the futures of poor countries around the world in a profound way," the actress added.
Barrymore has become the latest Ambassador for the WFP joining Kenyan world marathon record-holder Paul Tergat, who is a former receiver of school feeding programs, among others.
- Meghan Trainor Scraps Remaining 2016 Tour Dates due to Illness
- Pharrell Joins Forces With Alicia Keys on New Song 'Apple'
- Jennifer Lawrence Gets Blasted for Scratching Her Butt on Sacred Rocks
- The Rock Seduced by a Bikini Babe in 'Baywatch' Longer Teaser Trailer
- Taylor Swift and Zayn Malik Team Up for 'Fifty Shades Darker' Song 'I Don't Wanna Live Forever'
- Spidey Faces Off Vulture in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' First Trailer
- AFI Lists 'Game of Thrones', 'The Americans' and 'Better Call Saul' as Best TV Shows of 2016
- Kanye West Debuts Blonde Hair While Making First Public Appearance Since Hospitalization