Actress Drew Barrymore Named U.N. Ambassador
Drew Barrymore earns an additional predicate besides that of movie actress. The Hollywood babe has been named an Ambassador against Hunger for the United Nation's World Food Program (WFP).
The organization announced her tapping on Wednesday May 9th. Concerning her new task, Barrymore will be promoting school feeding projects in some of the world's poorest countries.
"I am honored and humbled to accept this challenging and rewarding assignment. I can't think of any issue that is more important than working to see that no schoolchild in this world goes hungry," Barrymore was quoted as saying.
"Feeding a child at school is such a simple thing-but it works miracles. School feeding not only fills stomachs, but has a proven track record of boosting enrollment, attendance and academic performance. For just pennies a day per child, this program changes lives-and ultimately can impact the futures of poor countries around the world in a profound way," the actress added.
Barrymore has become the latest Ambassador for the WFP joining Kenyan world marathon record-holder Paul Tergat, who is a former receiver of school feeding programs, among others.
More Drew Barrymore News
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy