Actress Drew Barrymore Named U.N. Ambassador
Drew Barrymore earns an additional predicate besides that of movie actress. The Hollywood babe has been named an Ambassador against Hunger for the United Nation's World Food Program (WFP).
The organization announced her tapping on Wednesday May 9th. Concerning her new task, Barrymore will be promoting school feeding projects in some of the world's poorest countries.
"I am honored and humbled to accept this challenging and rewarding assignment. I can't think of any issue that is more important than working to see that no schoolchild in this world goes hungry," Barrymore was quoted as saying.
"Feeding a child at school is such a simple thing-but it works miracles. School feeding not only fills stomachs, but has a proven track record of boosting enrollment, attendance and academic performance. For just pennies a day per child, this program changes lives-and ultimately can impact the futures of poor countries around the world in a profound way," the actress added.
Barrymore has become the latest Ambassador for the WFP joining Kenyan world marathon record-holder Paul Tergat, who is a former receiver of school feeding programs, among others.
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'