Actress Drew Barrymore Named U.N. Ambassador
Drew Barrymore earns an additional predicate besides that of movie actress. The Hollywood babe has been named an Ambassador against Hunger for the United Nation's World Food Program (WFP).
The organization announced her tapping on Wednesday May 9th. Concerning her new task, Barrymore will be promoting school feeding projects in some of the world's poorest countries.
"I am honored and humbled to accept this challenging and rewarding assignment. I can't think of any issue that is more important than working to see that no schoolchild in this world goes hungry," Barrymore was quoted as saying.
"Feeding a child at school is such a simple thing-but it works miracles. School feeding not only fills stomachs, but has a proven track record of boosting enrollment, attendance and academic performance. For just pennies a day per child, this program changes lives-and ultimately can impact the futures of poor countries around the world in a profound way," the actress added.
Barrymore has become the latest Ambassador for the WFP joining Kenyan world marathon record-holder Paul Tergat, who is a former receiver of school feeding programs, among others.
- Doctor Strange Could Unite the Divided Avengers in 'Infinity War', Says Benedict Cumberbatch
- Justin Bieber Previews New Song 'Close to You'
- Watch Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon Return to Camp Winnipesaukee in the Fall
- They Don't Belong Together. James Packer Dumps Mariah Carey Over Her 'Excessive Spending'
- James McAvoy Lets Loose 'The Beast' in New 'Split' Trailer
- Britney Spears Undergoing Surgery to 'Tweak' Her Nipples and Areolas?
- Pussy Riot Dedicates 'Straight Outta Vagina' Video to Donald Trump
- See Photos of 'Pretty Little Liars' Stars on Last Day of Filming Series Finale