Actress Drew Barrymore Named U.N. Ambassador
Drew Barrymore earns an additional predicate besides that of movie actress. The Hollywood babe has been named an Ambassador against Hunger for the United Nation's World Food Program (WFP).
The organization announced her tapping on Wednesday May 9th. Concerning her new task, Barrymore will be promoting school feeding projects in some of the world's poorest countries.
"I am honored and humbled to accept this challenging and rewarding assignment. I can't think of any issue that is more important than working to see that no schoolchild in this world goes hungry," Barrymore was quoted as saying.
"Feeding a child at school is such a simple thing-but it works miracles. School feeding not only fills stomachs, but has a proven track record of boosting enrollment, attendance and academic performance. For just pennies a day per child, this program changes lives-and ultimately can impact the futures of poor countries around the world in a profound way," the actress added.
Barrymore has become the latest Ambassador for the WFP joining Kenyan world marathon record-holder Paul Tergat, who is a former receiver of school feeding programs, among others.
- Baby Groot Angrily Kills Ravager in New 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Teaser
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Guilty to Disorderly Conduct During Pipeline Protest
- Is Chris Brown's New Sex-Drenched Single 'Privacy' to Tempt Rihanna?
- Christina El Moussa Is Dating NHL Star Nate Thompson Amid Divorce From Tarek
- Hugh Grant Dances to Drake's Song in 'Love Actually' Short Film
- Cher's 'Serious Family Issue' Forces Her to Drop Out of Lifetime's Flint Water Crisis Movie
- 'Game of Thrones': Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Teases Big Jaime-Cersei-Brienne Development in Season 7
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt to Direct R-Rated Musical Comedy Co-Starring Channing Tatum