Eminem Made Undisclosed Donation to Hip Hop 4 Habitat
When it comes to making donation, Eminem will always do the biggest way possible. The hip-hop superstar, who is also well known for being a producer and actor, contributed an undisclosed amount of donation Thursday May 10th to Hip Hop 4 Habitat, a project where members of the hip hop community will build a home for a needy family.
The Detroit native contributed his donation via his Marshall Mathers Foundation to the project, which is looking to raise $75,000 in order to build a 1,100 square-foot home near Mack Avenue and Lakepointe Street on Detroit's east side. It's tentatively set to be built over one week in October later this year.
Once the home is completed, Detroit rapper Trick-Trick, whose song "Welcome to Detroit City" featured Eminem, is slated to give a concert for the volunteers. Trick-Trick has also announced plans to join the efforts to build the house.
"Hip Hop 4 Habitat is meant to be a positive project and a way for the hip-hop community to come together and support a family in need. We're so thankful Trick and Eminem are leading this effort," Alyce Hartman, founder of A Prophetic Generation, was quoted by the Detroit News. A Prophetic Generation is a non-profit organization that is partnering with Habitat for Humanity Detroit for the project.
Hip Hop 4 Habitat is currently looking for those involved in Detroit's hip-hop community, as well as other volunteers to help out by participating in the project. Those interested in volunteering can contact Habitat for Humanity Detroit at (313) 521-6691.
More Eminem News
- Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood Welcomes Twins at Age 68
- Tyga's New Lady Demi Rose Tries to Copy Kylie Jenner by Wearing Similar Strappy Bikini
- Shawn Mendes Teases His Upcoming Album
- Kim Kardashian Visits Snapchat Office. See Some Exclusive Filters She Gets!
- Alicia Keys Goes Makeup Free, Pens Powerful Essay About Overcoming Her Insecurities
- Simon Cowell and His Snarky Comments Make Return on 'America's Got Talent' Season 11 Premiere
- Sienna Miller Still Cares 'Enormously' for Ex-Fiance Jude Law
- Zendaya Coleman Criticized for Posting This Racy Picture