Trio Committed to "Frost/Nixon"
Submitting more actors into the cast, Universal Pictures has picked up Sam Rockwell, Toby Jones, and Matthew Macfadyen to join Frank Langella and Michael Sheen in its dramatic feature of "Frost/Nixon."
An adaptation of the hit Peter Morgan play, the picture will center on a series of televised interviews that President Nixon granted David Frost in 1977, ending with a tacit admission of guilt regarding his role in the Watergate scandal.
Rockwell will play award-winning journalist James Reston Jr., the head researcher who helps Frost prepare for the interviews while Jones is set to portray legendary Hollywood dealmaker Swifty Lazar, who negotiates the deal with Frost on behalf of Nixon. Macfadyen, in the meantime, will appear as John Burt, a journalist working for a weekly British television show.
Filming is scheduled to begin late summer this year under the direction of Oscar-winning helmer Ron Howard with Working Title partners Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner producing alongside Imagine Entertainment's Brian Grazer.
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7: Major Spoiler About Daenerys Leaked
- Emma Roberts and Ex Evan Peters Spark Reconciliation Rumors After Spotted Together
- Taylor Swift NOT Hooking Up With Todrick Hall
- Katy Perry Unveils Three 'Rise' Remixes
- New 'Empire' Season 3 Trailer Gives First Look at Mariah Carey's Kitty
- New 'Thor: Ragnarok' Set Pics Reveal Thor and Loki's Costume and Tease a Mystery Character
- Cara Delevingne Goes Bottomless to Raise Awareness for Cancer. See the Racy Snap
- Kim and Kourtney Throw Pampering Session for Khloe Kardashian Following Her Second Divorce Filing