Trio Committed to "Frost/Nixon"
Submitting more actors into the cast, Universal Pictures has picked up Sam Rockwell, Toby Jones, and Matthew Macfadyen to join Frank Langella and Michael Sheen in its dramatic feature of "Frost/Nixon."
An adaptation of the hit Peter Morgan play, the picture will center on a series of televised interviews that President Nixon granted David Frost in 1977, ending with a tacit admission of guilt regarding his role in the Watergate scandal.
Rockwell will play award-winning journalist James Reston Jr., the head researcher who helps Frost prepare for the interviews while Jones is set to portray legendary Hollywood dealmaker Swifty Lazar, who negotiates the deal with Frost on behalf of Nixon. Macfadyen, in the meantime, will appear as John Burt, a journalist working for a weekly British television show.
Filming is scheduled to begin late summer this year under the direction of Oscar-winning helmer Ron Howard with Working Title partners Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner producing alongside Imagine Entertainment's Brian Grazer.
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard