Janet Jackson to Leave Virgin?
Jermaine Dupri will soon be joined by girlfriend Janet Jackson should any talk between Island Records and Janet meet a bright end. The label has been pursuing the artist since a long time ago and now that Dupri is the president of the urban music, the chance is getting larger.
"Definitely Janet will end up at Island," Dupri said on behalf of Janet. "That's without a doubt. L.A. (Reid) always wanted to sign her regardless I was there or not. I don't know where that deal is - I left that in the hands of L.A. and Janet's people - but more than likely, he'll get what he wants."
Janet is currently still signed under Virgin Records and has established a mutual contract since her 1993 "janet." album. No rep from Virgin has any say on this. In the meantime, despite the uncertainty she is still on the bill to record one track this summer for the movie "Rush Hour 3".
More Janet Jackson News
- Kylie Jenner Asks Tyga to Move Back Into Her House
- Rihanna Is Unhappy Kanye West Put Her in Bed With Donald Trump and George W. Bush in 'Famous' Video
- Iggy Azalea Gets Thanked for 'Ruining Hip-Hop.' See Her Reaction
- Winona Ryder Defends Ex Johnny Depp Against Amber Heard's Abuse Allegations
- 'Star Trek Beyond' New Trailer: Captain Kirk Makes His Last Report
- Tyrese Gibson Confirms Return to 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Chris Brown Sued by Suge Knight Over 2014 Club Shooting. What's Breezy's Fault?
- Taylor Swift Tells Her Friends She's 'in Love' With Tom Hiddleston as Couple Enjoy Roman Holiday