Janet Jackson to Leave Virgin?
Jermaine Dupri will soon be joined by girlfriend Janet Jackson should any talk between Island Records and Janet meet a bright end. The label has been pursuing the artist since a long time ago and now that Dupri is the president of the urban music, the chance is getting larger.
"Definitely Janet will end up at Island," Dupri said on behalf of Janet. "That's without a doubt. L.A. (Reid) always wanted to sign her regardless I was there or not. I don't know where that deal is - I left that in the hands of L.A. and Janet's people - but more than likely, he'll get what he wants."
Janet is currently still signed under Virgin Records and has established a mutual contract since her 1993 "janet." album. No rep from Virgin has any say on this. In the meantime, despite the uncertainty she is still on the bill to record one track this summer for the movie "Rush Hour 3".
More Janet Jackson News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story