Janet Jackson to Leave Virgin?
Jermaine Dupri will soon be joined by girlfriend Janet Jackson should any talk between Island Records and Janet meet a bright end. The label has been pursuing the artist since a long time ago and now that Dupri is the president of the urban music, the chance is getting larger.
"Definitely Janet will end up at Island," Dupri said on behalf of Janet. "That's without a doubt. L.A. (Reid) always wanted to sign her regardless I was there or not. I don't know where that deal is - I left that in the hands of L.A. and Janet's people - but more than likely, he'll get what he wants."
Janet is currently still signed under Virgin Records and has established a mutual contract since her 1993 "janet." album. No rep from Virgin has any say on this. In the meantime, despite the uncertainty she is still on the bill to record one track this summer for the movie "Rush Hour 3".
More Janet Jackson News
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says
- Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape Turned Into Virtual Reality Experience
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Photos: Jon Snow Reunites With an Old Friend and It's Doesn't Look Friendly
- Jennifer Lawrence Was 'Stressed Out' When Dating Chris Martin, Is Happier With Darren Aronofsky
- Blake Lively Celebrates Ryan Reynolds' 40th Birthday Amid Physical Abuse Allegations
- Justin Bieber Extends 'Purpose World Tour' After Storming Off Stage Mid-Performance
- Ice Cube and 'Hamilton' Helmer Team Up for 'Oliver Twist' Musical at Disney