Janet Jackson to Leave Virgin?
Jermaine Dupri will soon be joined by girlfriend Janet Jackson should any talk between Island Records and Janet meet a bright end. The label has been pursuing the artist since a long time ago and now that Dupri is the president of the urban music, the chance is getting larger.
"Definitely Janet will end up at Island," Dupri said on behalf of Janet. "That's without a doubt. L.A. (Reid) always wanted to sign her regardless I was there or not. I don't know where that deal is - I left that in the hands of L.A. and Janet's people - but more than likely, he'll get what he wants."
Janet is currently still signed under Virgin Records and has established a mutual contract since her 1993 "janet." album. No rep from Virgin has any say on this. In the meantime, despite the uncertainty she is still on the bill to record one track this summer for the movie "Rush Hour 3".
More Janet Jackson News
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour