Janet Jackson to Leave Virgin?
Jermaine Dupri will soon be joined by girlfriend Janet Jackson should any talk between Island Records and Janet meet a bright end. The label has been pursuing the artist since a long time ago and now that Dupri is the president of the urban music, the chance is getting larger.
"Definitely Janet will end up at Island," Dupri said on behalf of Janet. "That's without a doubt. L.A. (Reid) always wanted to sign her regardless I was there or not. I don't know where that deal is - I left that in the hands of L.A. and Janet's people - but more than likely, he'll get what he wants."
Janet is currently still signed under Virgin Records and has established a mutual contract since her 1993 "janet." album. No rep from Virgin has any say on this. In the meantime, despite the uncertainty she is still on the bill to record one track this summer for the movie "Rush Hour 3".
More Janet Jackson News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen