Columbia Applies "Newton's Law"
Still sticking to Overbrook Entertainment in making movies, Columbia Pictures is on the move to develop a new big screen feature entitled "Newton's Law" as the second starring vehicle for Jaden Smith, son of Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith.
Reports informed that the child actor, who made his film debut in inspiring drama "The Pursuit of Happyness", has been attached to play a precocious inventor trapped in a science center during a field trip. Name to direct has not yet been revealed, but it is confirmed that new screenwriter Carolyn Brooks has come onboard to pen the script.
Currently part of the Columbia TriStar Motion Picture Group owned by Sony Pictures Entertainment, Columbia Pictures is the successor of CBC Film Sales Corporation which was founded by brothers Harry and Jack Cohn also Joe Brandt in 1919. It currently is enjoying massive success through "Spider-Man 3" which so far has grossed nearly $400 million worldwide.
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4
- Drake's 'Views' Gets Quadruple-Platinum Certification
- Jimmy Kimmel Selected to Host 2017 Academy Awards
- Back on? Ryan Seacrest Spotted on Romantic Bike Ride With Ex Shayna Taylor in Venice
- Swoon Alert! Michelle Williams and James Van Der Beek Have 'Dawson's Creek' Mini Reunion
- Taylor Lautner Caught Making Out With His 'Scream Queens' Co-Star Billie Lourd
- Liam Payne's Facebook Is Hacked With Porn Images of Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry
- Optimus Prime Wants to Kill Bumblebee in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' First Teaser Trailer