Columbia Applies "Newton's Law"
Still sticking to Overbrook Entertainment in making movies, Columbia Pictures is on the move to develop a new big screen feature entitled "Newton's Law" as the second starring vehicle for Jaden Smith, son of Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith.
Reports informed that the child actor, who made his film debut in inspiring drama "The Pursuit of Happyness", has been attached to play a precocious inventor trapped in a science center during a field trip. Name to direct has not yet been revealed, but it is confirmed that new screenwriter Carolyn Brooks has come onboard to pen the script.
Currently part of the Columbia TriStar Motion Picture Group owned by Sony Pictures Entertainment, Columbia Pictures is the successor of CBC Film Sales Corporation which was founded by brothers Harry and Jack Cohn also Joe Brandt in 1919. It currently is enjoying massive success through "Spider-Man 3" which so far has grossed nearly $400 million worldwide.
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless in New Sultry Selfie
- Report: Emma Watson Getting Married in Big Sur This Summer
- See Hilarious Horror-Themed Memes of Trump's Awkward Photo With Pope Francis
- New Beau? Mischa Barton Caught Getting Handsy With Mystery Man in Cannes
- HBO Renews 'Veep' and 'Silicon Valley' for 2017-2018 Seasons