Columbia Applies "Newton's Law"
Still sticking to Overbrook Entertainment in making movies, Columbia Pictures is on the move to develop a new big screen feature entitled "Newton's Law" as the second starring vehicle for Jaden Smith, son of Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith.
Reports informed that the child actor, who made his film debut in inspiring drama "The Pursuit of Happyness", has been attached to play a precocious inventor trapped in a science center during a field trip. Name to direct has not yet been revealed, but it is confirmed that new screenwriter Carolyn Brooks has come onboard to pen the script.
Currently part of the Columbia TriStar Motion Picture Group owned by Sony Pictures Entertainment, Columbia Pictures is the successor of CBC Film Sales Corporation which was founded by brothers Harry and Jack Cohn also Joe Brandt in 1919. It currently is enjoying massive success through "Spider-Man 3" which so far has grossed nearly $400 million worldwide.
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer
- Report: Lee Jong Suk to Enlist to Military Soon
- Birthday Girl Julianne Hough Ditches Bikini Top During Romantic Honeymoon
- Comic-Con: Pennywise the Clown Mutilates His Victims in 'It' New Trailer and Clips
- Halle Berry Chugs a Half Bottle of Whiskey at 'Kingsman 2' Comic-Con Panel
- Are Miranda Kerr and Husband Evan Spiegel Expecting a Baby?