London, Here Comes Prince for 21 Shows
Based on "I love London. I've had some of my favorite shows here," music prodigy Prince will have his stay in the city for 21 shows this summer. Claiming this would be his only European visit this year, the series of concerts is more than attempting for surprising performance and cheap fare waits at the end.
Stepping in London's O2 Arena on August 1, the venue will be his first stop and the witness for other 6 dates. Dubbed "21 Nights in London", the tour will not see one routine after another. "We play so many different styles of music, it's really hard to get a full dose of what we do unless you come to several shows," Prince said in a press release on May 8. Fans can expect assorted show each day and a range over 150 different songs.
When it comes to surprises, the singer has no doubt that this jaunt will have one too. He would welcome Amy Winehouse on his stage as the opening act. "I hope that (Winehouse) is going to show up," he said. "I'm a big fan." Even if she won't, Prince set his mind to sing Winehouse's "Love Is a Losing Game" plus the cover other songs like The Beatles' "The Long and Winding Road".
Not only the agenda is special, the tickets too bear a unique package. Comes in 31.21 pounds (a reference to his 2006 album "3121"), it is considerably affordable compared to artists like Barbra Streisand who charged £600 per ticket. By paying £37.21 ($74.21), fans will get a booked ticket, Prince's new album and packaging fees.
When asked why he circles the number to 21 just in London alone, Prince had two reasons. To increase the chance of people seeing him and to bank his persona in the continent before he wanders off to study "The Bible".
More Prince News
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in New Alexander Wang Promo
- Brad Pitt Cancels Red Carpet Appearance Due to 'Family Situation'
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce