"Spider-Man 3" Sets New IMAX Records
The record-breaking "Spider-Man 3" has made either in domestic or international market now is also happening at IMAX as the superhero saga topples down not only one but multiple box-office records for the format.
Becoming the largest opening in IMAX's forty-year history by debuting on 84 domestic and 34 international IMAX screens, this third part of the web-slinger tale creates a record-setting $4.8 million of the $151.1 million it pulled from the weekend domestic box office ended Sunday, May 6 while breaking record for IMAX's largest single day worldwide total at $2.2 million.
"We are ecstatic about the opening results in both traditional theatres as well as IMAX venues," Sony Pictures Releasing's Domestic Distribution President Rory Bruer commented. "The IMAX release offers fans of Spider-Man another unique and exciting way to experience the film, and we are encouraged by the contribution it has already made to the film's overall box office performance."
The latest installment of the mega-hit franchise based on the famed Marvel Comics' character, "Spider-Man 3" has already planted a new mark for the largest weekend of all time in 29 countries, notably in South Korea, Brazil, Mexico, and Italy. As for domestic market, the flick shatters records for biggest single day with $59,841,919 as it opened on Friday, May 4 and highest per-theater average for a wide release at $35,540 apart from its success to score the biggest opening weekend record.
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart
- Childish Gambino Releases Virtual Reality Video for 'Me and Your Mama'
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online
- Time Magazine Receives Backlash After Picking Donald Trump as Person of the Year
- Official First Look at Spidey's Web Wings in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveiled