"Spider-Man 3" Sets New IMAX Records
The record-breaking "Spider-Man 3" has made either in domestic or international market now is also happening at IMAX as the superhero saga topples down not only one but multiple box-office records for the format.
Becoming the largest opening in IMAX's forty-year history by debuting on 84 domestic and 34 international IMAX screens, this third part of the web-slinger tale creates a record-setting $4.8 million of the $151.1 million it pulled from the weekend domestic box office ended Sunday, May 6 while breaking record for IMAX's largest single day worldwide total at $2.2 million.
"We are ecstatic about the opening results in both traditional theatres as well as IMAX venues," Sony Pictures Releasing's Domestic Distribution President Rory Bruer commented. "The IMAX release offers fans of Spider-Man another unique and exciting way to experience the film, and we are encouraged by the contribution it has already made to the film's overall box office performance."
The latest installment of the mega-hit franchise based on the famed Marvel Comics' character, "Spider-Man 3" has already planted a new mark for the largest weekend of all time in 29 countries, notably in South Korea, Brazil, Mexico, and Italy. As for domestic market, the flick shatters records for biggest single day with $59,841,919 as it opened on Friday, May 4 and highest per-theater average for a wide release at $35,540 apart from its success to score the biggest opening weekend record.
- Calvin Harris Takes a Dig at Taylor Swift in 'My Way' Video
- 'Rambo' Gets 'New Blood' Remake Without Sylvester Stallone
- Listen to Alessia Cara's 'Moana' Song 'How Far I'll Go'
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Hacker Sentenced to 18 Months in Jail
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'