"Choke" Takes Start on June 18
More than half a year have gone by since Universal was reported to set up "Choke", and now comes good news on the project that it is about to enter its filming process soon.
Chuck Palahniuk, the author of the book which the flick is based on, has informed to ChuckPalahniuk.net that production on the movie will begin on June 18 this year with Sam Rockwell to be the leadstar under the direction of first-time helmer Clark Gregg.
Gregg, who previously wrote Robert Zemeckis' horror thriller "What Lies Beneath", is said to make the film from the script he himself wrote, contrary to the previous report saying the screenplay being entrusted into Paul Bernbaum's hands to pen. A native of Boston, Gregg is better known as an actor instead, having been appeared in "The Human Stain", "Hoot", and "When a Stranger Calls", among others.
As for the premise, pic is likely to stick closely to the original material which revolves around a con man who tricks other people to get their money by pretending to choke in restaurants in order to pay the expense for the care his mother receives in a nursing home. According to Palahniuk, Glenn Close, Annette Bening, and Julianne Moore are all being considered to play the mother.
- Bring on the Baby Wipes! The Rock Takes on Mid-Flight Diaper Duty With Daughter Jasmine
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie