"Choke" Takes Start on June 18
More than half a year have gone by since Universal was reported to set up "Choke", and now comes good news on the project that it is about to enter its filming process soon.
Chuck Palahniuk, the author of the book which the flick is based on, has informed to ChuckPalahniuk.net that production on the movie will begin on June 18 this year with Sam Rockwell to be the leadstar under the direction of first-time helmer Clark Gregg.
Gregg, who previously wrote Robert Zemeckis' horror thriller "What Lies Beneath", is said to make the film from the script he himself wrote, contrary to the previous report saying the screenplay being entrusted into Paul Bernbaum's hands to pen. A native of Boston, Gregg is better known as an actor instead, having been appeared in "The Human Stain", "Hoot", and "When a Stranger Calls", among others.
As for the premise, pic is likely to stick closely to the original material which revolves around a con man who tricks other people to get their money by pretending to choke in restaurants in order to pay the expense for the care his mother receives in a nursing home. According to Palahniuk, Glenn Close, Annette Bening, and Julianne Moore are all being considered to play the mother.
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early but He Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Brutal Deaths
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting