Singer Brandy Sued for Wrongful Death in Freeway Accident
Brandy is facing a second lawsuit stemming from a fatal December 30th, 2006 car crash.
Marouane Hdidou, the husband of Awatef Aboudihaj, a woman killed in the accident, filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Wednesday May 2nd against Brandy and other motorists involved in the accident, seeking unspecified damages to cover medical and funeral expenses, as well as legal costs and other damages.
According to a California Highway Patrol report, Brandy failed to slow down on December 30th while driving her Land Rover in traffic. She was traveling at approximately 65 mph when her vehicle hit the back of Awatef Aboudihaj's Honda.
The city attorney's office is still deciding whether to charge Brandy with misdemeanor vehicular manslaughter. If convicted, the star who is also facing a $50 million lawsuit from the victim's parents, could face up to a year in jail and a $1,000 fine.
- Tyga Spotted Wearing Matching Sneakers With Mystery Brunette
- Jennifer Garner's New Pal Chelsea Handler Is Going After Ben Affleck
- 'Game of Thrones' Is Filming Fake Scenes
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom
- Celebrity Police Unit to Be Discontinued Following Big Bang's T.O.P's Marijuana Scandal
- Cara Delevingne Says She Wants to Be James Bond Amid Bond Girl Rumors