Singer Brandy Sued for Wrongful Death in Freeway Accident
Brandy is facing a second lawsuit stemming from a fatal December 30th, 2006 car crash.
Marouane Hdidou, the husband of Awatef Aboudihaj, a woman killed in the accident, filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Wednesday May 2nd against Brandy and other motorists involved in the accident, seeking unspecified damages to cover medical and funeral expenses, as well as legal costs and other damages.
According to a California Highway Patrol report, Brandy failed to slow down on December 30th while driving her Land Rover in traffic. She was traveling at approximately 65 mph when her vehicle hit the back of Awatef Aboudihaj's Honda.
The city attorney's office is still deciding whether to charge Brandy with misdemeanor vehicular manslaughter. If convicted, the star who is also facing a $50 million lawsuit from the victim's parents, could face up to a year in jail and a $1,000 fine.
More Brandy News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns