Singer Brandy Sued for Wrongful Death in Freeway Accident
Brandy is facing a second lawsuit stemming from a fatal December 30th, 2006 car crash.
Marouane Hdidou, the husband of Awatef Aboudihaj, a woman killed in the accident, filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Wednesday May 2nd against Brandy and other motorists involved in the accident, seeking unspecified damages to cover medical and funeral expenses, as well as legal costs and other damages.
According to a California Highway Patrol report, Brandy failed to slow down on December 30th while driving her Land Rover in traffic. She was traveling at approximately 65 mph when her vehicle hit the back of Awatef Aboudihaj's Honda.
The city attorney's office is still deciding whether to charge Brandy with misdemeanor vehicular manslaughter. If convicted, the star who is also facing a $50 million lawsuit from the victim's parents, could face up to a year in jail and a $1,000 fine.
- Britney Spears Breaks Silence on Her Boyfriend Sam Asghari: 'He Is Really Cute'
- New Couple Alert! Anwar Hadid Is Dating Nicola Peltz
- Chrissy Teigen Blasts Paparazzi on Twitter After She and John Legend Were Called 'Monkeys'
- Arcade Fire Responds to Trump's Inauguration in 'I Give You Power' Ft. Mavis Staples
- Louis Tomlinson and Danielle Campbell Break Up Weeks After His Mom's Death
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Files for Divorce From Wife of 22 Years, Sara Kapfer
- First Look at Susan Sarandon and Jessica Lange on Ryan Murphy's 'Feud'
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Having a Blast Coming Up With Baby Names'