Singer Brandy Sued for Wrongful Death in Freeway Accident
Brandy is facing a second lawsuit stemming from a fatal December 30th, 2006 car crash.
Marouane Hdidou, the husband of Awatef Aboudihaj, a woman killed in the accident, filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Wednesday May 2nd against Brandy and other motorists involved in the accident, seeking unspecified damages to cover medical and funeral expenses, as well as legal costs and other damages.
According to a California Highway Patrol report, Brandy failed to slow down on December 30th while driving her Land Rover in traffic. She was traveling at approximately 65 mph when her vehicle hit the back of Awatef Aboudihaj's Honda.
The city attorney's office is still deciding whether to charge Brandy with misdemeanor vehicular manslaughter. If convicted, the star who is also facing a $50 million lawsuit from the victim's parents, could face up to a year in jail and a $1,000 fine.
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake