Singer Brandy Sued for Wrongful Death in Freeway Accident
Brandy is facing a second lawsuit stemming from a fatal December 30th, 2006 car crash.
Marouane Hdidou, the husband of Awatef Aboudihaj, a woman killed in the accident, filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Wednesday May 2nd against Brandy and other motorists involved in the accident, seeking unspecified damages to cover medical and funeral expenses, as well as legal costs and other damages.
According to a California Highway Patrol report, Brandy failed to slow down on December 30th while driving her Land Rover in traffic. She was traveling at approximately 65 mph when her vehicle hit the back of Awatef Aboudihaj's Honda.
The city attorney's office is still deciding whether to charge Brandy with misdemeanor vehicular manslaughter. If convicted, the star who is also facing a $50 million lawsuit from the victim's parents, could face up to a year in jail and a $1,000 fine.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences