The "Bones" Buried at DreamWorks
Well, Peter Jackson sure can take a seat and relax for a while now as the pitch he has been shopping around, "The Lovely Bones", finally finds a place to rest at DreamWorks Pictures.
CEO and Co-Chairman of the studio Stacey Snider officially announced yesterday, May 4 that the company has successfully taken charge of the project in association with Film 4, which will see its execs Tessa Ross, Ken Kamins, and Jim Wilson all serve as the executive producers.
"We are thrilled that DreamWorks Studios has been able to acquire the film rights to this story that has captivated so many people," Snider remarked in a statement. "In the hands of Peter Jackson, we have a master of cinematic storytelling to bring it to the screen."
Based on Alice Sebold's 2002 best-selling novel, the drama concerns a murdered woman named Susie Salmon who continues to observe her family on Earth after her death, witnessing the impact of her loss on her loved ones while seeing her killer skillfully cover his tracks and prepares to murder again. Trying to balance her desire for vengeance against the love she feels for her family, she eventually comes to understand that the concept of family can encompass both the living and the dead.
Production on the movie is slated to start October this year in Pennsylvania and New Zealand for Paramount Pictures to later distribute. Jackson will direct from the script he co-wrote alongside Philippa Boyens and Fran Walsh, who is also set to accompany him in producing the flick together with Carolynne Cunningham and Aimee Peyronnet.
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- Megyn Kelly Courted by CNN for 8 or 9 P.M. Time Slots
- Check Out First Look at Anne Hathaway on Set of 'Ocean's Eight'
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M
- Mandy Moore Talks About Her Lesbian Mother and Gay Brothers