Kate Moss Is Now on Display in a Series of Sculptures
First it was mannequin, and now sculptures. Kate Moss has been the subject of a bronze sculpture series, "Sphinx," by artist Marc Quinn.
The supermodel was used in a bronze display at the "Mary Boone Gallery" in New York City. Quinn unveiled seven new bronze sculptures of the supermodel in various yoga poses, which are claimed to show the beauty as "a knotted Venus of our age."
The bronzes, which include one of her with her legs stretched behind her head, are on display until June 30th and can be purchased for $200,000-$275,000 (£137,500).
On the exhibition, Quinn explained it's called "Sphinx" because of Moss's mysterious persona, adding that the sculptures represent "an image, and the way it is twisted and sculpted by our collective desire."
More Kate Moss News
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!