Kate Moss Is Now on Display in a Series of Sculptures
First it was mannequin, and now sculptures. Kate Moss has been the subject of a bronze sculpture series, "Sphinx," by artist Marc Quinn.
The supermodel was used in a bronze display at the "Mary Boone Gallery" in New York City. Quinn unveiled seven new bronze sculptures of the supermodel in various yoga poses, which are claimed to show the beauty as "a knotted Venus of our age."
The bronzes, which include one of her with her legs stretched behind her head, are on display until June 30th and can be purchased for $200,000-$275,000 (£137,500).
On the exhibition, Quinn explained it's called "Sphinx" because of Moss's mysterious persona, adding that the sculptures represent "an image, and the way it is twisted and sculpted by our collective desire."
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert