Reese Witherspoon Is Leaning on the "Bridge"
Appears to be tireless in putting more big screen titles into her Type A Films, Reese Witherspoon is reportedly on the move to produce a film feature based on real events titled "Under the Bridge" with "Thirteen" director Catherine Hardwicke being in talks to direct.
Based on Rebecca Godfrey's true-crime account of a brutal high school murder, the project will chronicle the 1997 killing of a student named Reena Virk in a small British Columbia town also the ensuing investigation and prosecution of the case. It is still not clear yet whether Witherspoon will also star in.
Rights to the book have already been secured by Type A with the possibility of Godfrey herself becoming a character in the movie. Godfrey, who comes from the same area where the tragedy occurred, returned to the town to research eight students who were charged in the case, investigating the cliques at the group's well-off school as well as the life of Virk, who was the daughter of Indian immigrants.
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'