Reese Witherspoon Is Leaning on the "Bridge"
Appears to be tireless in putting more big screen titles into her Type A Films, Reese Witherspoon is reportedly on the move to produce a film feature based on real events titled "Under the Bridge" with "Thirteen" director Catherine Hardwicke being in talks to direct.
Based on Rebecca Godfrey's true-crime account of a brutal high school murder, the project will chronicle the 1997 killing of a student named Reena Virk in a small British Columbia town also the ensuing investigation and prosecution of the case. It is still not clear yet whether Witherspoon will also star in.
Rights to the book have already been secured by Type A with the possibility of Godfrey herself becoming a character in the movie. Godfrey, who comes from the same area where the tragedy occurred, returned to the town to research eight students who were charged in the case, investigating the cliques at the group's well-off school as well as the life of Virk, who was the daughter of Indian immigrants.
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo