Reese Witherspoon Is Leaning on the "Bridge"
Appears to be tireless in putting more big screen titles into her Type A Films, Reese Witherspoon is reportedly on the move to produce a film feature based on real events titled "Under the Bridge" with "Thirteen" director Catherine Hardwicke being in talks to direct.
Based on Rebecca Godfrey's true-crime account of a brutal high school murder, the project will chronicle the 1997 killing of a student named Reena Virk in a small British Columbia town also the ensuing investigation and prosecution of the case. It is still not clear yet whether Witherspoon will also star in.
Rights to the book have already been secured by Type A with the possibility of Godfrey herself becoming a character in the movie. Godfrey, who comes from the same area where the tragedy occurred, returned to the town to research eight students who were charged in the case, investigating the cliques at the group's well-off school as well as the life of Virk, who was the daughter of Indian immigrants.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video