Reese Witherspoon Is Leaning on the "Bridge"
Appears to be tireless in putting more big screen titles into her Type A Films, Reese Witherspoon is reportedly on the move to produce a film feature based on real events titled "Under the Bridge" with "Thirteen" director Catherine Hardwicke being in talks to direct.
Based on Rebecca Godfrey's true-crime account of a brutal high school murder, the project will chronicle the 1997 killing of a student named Reena Virk in a small British Columbia town also the ensuing investigation and prosecution of the case. It is still not clear yet whether Witherspoon will also star in.
Rights to the book have already been secured by Type A with the possibility of Godfrey herself becoming a character in the movie. Godfrey, who comes from the same area where the tragedy occurred, returned to the town to research eight students who were charged in the case, investigating the cliques at the group's well-off school as well as the life of Virk, who was the daughter of Indian immigrants.
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Will Return, Ryan Lochte Is in Talks for Season 23
- Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie for Her Birthday After Partying With Bronte Blampied
- Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj to Perform 'Side to Side' at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Inside Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom's Proposal Plans
- Christoph Waltz in Talks to Join James Cameron's 'Alita: Battle Angel'
- Kim Kardashian Flaunts Entire Breasts in Racy See-Through Top for a Photoshoot in Mexico
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star