Oprah Winfrey to Quit Talk Show to Fight Against Child Predators
Aside from her celebrity status, Oprah Winfrey is eyeing a new job, which is a social one. The talk show host is planning to become child-predators fighter.
In an interview with chat show king Larry King, aired Tuesday May 1st, Oprah revealed her intention to quit her hit daily show by the time its contract ends in 2012 so that she can put full concentration on putting child predators behind bars.
"I have four or five years left on my show, and when I'm done with that contract, I'm done. Then I want to change the laws, state-by-state for child predators in this country; and that's what I want to have done," Oprah said. "I won't be satisfied until that is done. The children of the United States are being stolen, raped, tortured, and killed by sexual predators. I want the laws to change."
Working in entertainment industry for years, Oprah actively involves in various social projects as well. If only everyone in the universe has the same thought as her, then it would be a better place for us and our next generation. That's for sure.
More Oprah Winfrey News
- Kris Jenner Comes Under Fire for Allegedly Photoshopping Her Latest Instagram Pic
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoniex' Confirmed to Introduce Dazzler
- Jennifer Lopez Claps Back at Haters for Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Abs
- Bella Thorne and Scott Disick Holding Hands After a Night of Partying and Boozing
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21