Oprah Winfrey to Quit Talk Show to Fight Against Child Predators
Aside from her celebrity status, Oprah Winfrey is eyeing a new job, which is a social one. The talk show host is planning to become child-predators fighter.
In an interview with chat show king Larry King, aired Tuesday May 1st, Oprah revealed her intention to quit her hit daily show by the time its contract ends in 2012 so that she can put full concentration on putting child predators behind bars.
"I have four or five years left on my show, and when I'm done with that contract, I'm done. Then I want to change the laws, state-by-state for child predators in this country; and that's what I want to have done," Oprah said. "I won't be satisfied until that is done. The children of the United States are being stolen, raped, tortured, and killed by sexual predators. I want the laws to change."
Working in entertainment industry for years, Oprah actively involves in various social projects as well. If only everyone in the universe has the same thought as her, then it would be a better place for us and our next generation. That's for sure.
More Oprah Winfrey News
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs