Oprah Winfrey to Quit Talk Show to Fight Against Child Predators
Aside from her celebrity status, Oprah Winfrey is eyeing a new job, which is a social one. The talk show host is planning to become child-predators fighter.
In an interview with chat show king Larry King, aired Tuesday May 1st, Oprah revealed her intention to quit her hit daily show by the time its contract ends in 2012 so that she can put full concentration on putting child predators behind bars.
"I have four or five years left on my show, and when I'm done with that contract, I'm done. Then I want to change the laws, state-by-state for child predators in this country; and that's what I want to have done," Oprah said. "I won't be satisfied until that is done. The children of the United States are being stolen, raped, tortured, and killed by sexual predators. I want the laws to change."
Working in entertainment industry for years, Oprah actively involves in various social projects as well. If only everyone in the universe has the same thought as her, then it would be a better place for us and our next generation. That's for sure.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show