David Yates Back for Harry Potter 6!
Ending the long-circulated question about who's in charge to helm "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince", "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" helmer David Yates has revealed to SCI FI Wire that he will return to the mega-hit franchise for the second time to direct the project.
"I am doing Half-Blood Prince, and I'm doing it because I love the world, I love the characters," the man confirmed. "I think I have more business with this world and these characters."
Thereby will become the second director to work on two " Harry Potter" installments after Chris Columbus, Yates credited the story's mood change to inspire him in signing on for "Half-Blood Prince."
"I've made a kind of tonal shift with the fifth film, which I want to continue and develop into the sixth film," he further added. "And I can see the fifth story evolving into the sixth story in a really interesting way. So I'm on a journey with this material and this world, and I'm keen to complete it."
Set for a November 21, 2008 release still under Warner Bros. Pictures banner, "Prince" has already had Steve Kloves attached to pen the screenplay with three principal cast members Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, and Rupert Grint reprising their roles. Story will primarily concern Harry's tutelage in Lord Voldemort 's past and Dumbledore's theory that, in an effort to become immortal, Voldemort has made and hidden six Horcruxes or vessels that contain parts of his soul.
- Drake Gets Eighth Week at Billboard 200's No. 1, RHCP Starts at No. 2
- Photos: Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Hit the Beach in U.K. Joined by His Family
- Liv Tyler Jokes About Her 'Pointy and Giant' Baby Bump
- BET Awards 2016: Beyonce and Drake Dominate Winner List
- Muhammad Ali's Daughter Laila Gets Emotional While Honoring Her Late Father at 2016 BET Awards
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards