David Yates Back for Harry Potter 6!
Ending the long-circulated question about who's in charge to helm "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince", "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" helmer David Yates has revealed to SCI FI Wire that he will return to the mega-hit franchise for the second time to direct the project.
"I am doing Half-Blood Prince, and I'm doing it because I love the world, I love the characters," the man confirmed. "I think I have more business with this world and these characters."
Thereby will become the second director to work on two " Harry Potter" installments after Chris Columbus, Yates credited the story's mood change to inspire him in signing on for "Half-Blood Prince."
"I've made a kind of tonal shift with the fifth film, which I want to continue and develop into the sixth film," he further added. "And I can see the fifth story evolving into the sixth story in a really interesting way. So I'm on a journey with this material and this world, and I'm keen to complete it."
Set for a November 21, 2008 release still under Warner Bros. Pictures banner, "Prince" has already had Steve Kloves attached to pen the screenplay with three principal cast members Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, and Rupert Grint reprising their roles. Story will primarily concern Harry's tutelage in Lord Voldemort 's past and Dumbledore's theory that, in an effort to become immortal, Voldemort has made and hidden six Horcruxes or vessels that contain parts of his soul.
- G-Dragon Promises Big Bang Will Reunite as 5 Members
- Jay Park Signs With Roc Nation
- Justin Bieber Banned From China Over His 'Bad Behavior'
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer