Duo Teaming for Hollywood Noir
Finally able to strike a promising collaboration after 2004's "The Aviator", Leonardo DiCaprio and Michael Mann are reportedly joining forces to work on a film noir project which is still unnamed yet with the former being plotted to topline and the latter hoping to make it his next directorial effort.
Said to take place on the old MGM lot in the 1930s, the picture will likely concern a private detective who is hired by the studio to investigate a scandal involving a starlet who may have murdered her own husband. It has already been revealed that the flick will have one of its major shootouts taken in the Trocadero nightclub on Sunset Boulevard.
Production is expected to begin in February 2008 with Mann directing from script penned by "Aviator" scribe John Logan as well as producing via his Forward Pass shingle. Regardless of the plan, the film has not yet found any studios to back it up though New Line Cinema reportedly has made a roughly $100 million bid for the movie.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story