Duo Teaming for Hollywood Noir
Finally able to strike a promising collaboration after 2004's "The Aviator", Leonardo DiCaprio and Michael Mann are reportedly joining forces to work on a film noir project which is still unnamed yet with the former being plotted to topline and the latter hoping to make it his next directorial effort.
Said to take place on the old MGM lot in the 1930s, the picture will likely concern a private detective who is hired by the studio to investigate a scandal involving a starlet who may have murdered her own husband. It has already been revealed that the flick will have one of its major shootouts taken in the Trocadero nightclub on Sunset Boulevard.
Production is expected to begin in February 2008 with Mann directing from script penned by "Aviator" scribe John Logan as well as producing via his Forward Pass shingle. Regardless of the plan, the film has not yet found any studios to back it up though New Line Cinema reportedly has made a roughly $100 million bid for the movie.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed