Duo Teaming for Hollywood Noir
Finally able to strike a promising collaboration after 2004's "The Aviator", Leonardo DiCaprio and Michael Mann are reportedly joining forces to work on a film noir project which is still unnamed yet with the former being plotted to topline and the latter hoping to make it his next directorial effort.
Said to take place on the old MGM lot in the 1930s, the picture will likely concern a private detective who is hired by the studio to investigate a scandal involving a starlet who may have murdered her own husband. It has already been revealed that the flick will have one of its major shootouts taken in the Trocadero nightclub on Sunset Boulevard.
Production is expected to begin in February 2008 with Mann directing from script penned by "Aviator" scribe John Logan as well as producing via his Forward Pass shingle. Regardless of the plan, the film has not yet found any studios to back it up though New Line Cinema reportedly has made a roughly $100 million bid for the movie.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?