Duo Teaming for Hollywood Noir
Finally able to strike a promising collaboration after 2004's "The Aviator", Leonardo DiCaprio and Michael Mann are reportedly joining forces to work on a film noir project which is still unnamed yet with the former being plotted to topline and the latter hoping to make it his next directorial effort.
Said to take place on the old MGM lot in the 1930s, the picture will likely concern a private detective who is hired by the studio to investigate a scandal involving a starlet who may have murdered her own husband. It has already been revealed that the flick will have one of its major shootouts taken in the Trocadero nightclub on Sunset Boulevard.
Production is expected to begin in February 2008 with Mann directing from script penned by "Aviator" scribe John Logan as well as producing via his Forward Pass shingle. Regardless of the plan, the film has not yet found any studios to back it up though New Line Cinema reportedly has made a roughly $100 million bid for the movie.
- Ben Affleck Steps Out for First Time Since Filing for Divorce From Jennifer Garner
- Amber Heard and Elon Musk Have Been a Couple for 'a While,' and He 'Is Very Attentive' to Her
- Here's Why Chris Pratt Refuses to Take Selfies With Fans
- Faye Dunaway Feels 'Very Guilty' About Oscar Flub
- Lil Wayne Ends Idaho Show After Fan Throws Drink at Him - Watch the Footage
- Hailey Baldwin Risks Nip Slip as She Goes Braless on Instagram
- Aaron Hernandez's Male Prison Lover Is Allegedly Revealed, Lawyer Denies Gay Rumor
- Colin Firth Returns in Awesome First Trailer for 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'