"Spider-Man 3" Conquers Europe, Too
Completing its success in Asia, "Spider-Man 3" also opened grandly in European territories as it amazingly broke first-day records in both Italy and France while scoring superb income in Germany besides setting new records in Austria, Belgium, Holland, and Switzerland.
Debuted on 900 Italian screens Tuesday, May 1, the Columbia Pictures release triumphantly smashed the country's all-time opening record after satisfyingly garnering $4 million, a number that tripled the day-one takes of its two predecessors.
Pic even scored bigger in France with pulling a fantastic ticket sale of $6.1 million, which thus became the country's highest opening day of all time, besting local blockbuster "Taxi 2" ($4.5 million) and "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" ($3.9 million).
Meanwhile, Germany saw the superhero saga effortlessly collect $4.6 million tally from 486,571 admissions on its first day to surpass the attainments the two previous installments reached. The first take on the wall-crawler, "Spider-Man", earned $1.6 million in its first four-day run in the country while the second one, "Spider-Man 2", racked up a handful of $10.3 million over four days.
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?
- Charli XCX Releases 'After the Afterparty' Feat. Lil Yachty
- Calvin Harris Flirts With Halsey on Twitter
- Kanye West Plays Birthday Video for Kim and Gives Her Shout-Out During 'Saint Pablo' Show
- Get Your First Look at Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie on 'Thor: Ragnarok' Set
- Madonna Lets Photographer Grab Her Crotch During Party. See the Pics!