"Spider-Man 3" Conquers Europe, Too
Completing its success in Asia, "Spider-Man 3" also opened grandly in European territories as it amazingly broke first-day records in both Italy and France while scoring superb income in Germany besides setting new records in Austria, Belgium, Holland, and Switzerland.
Debuted on 900 Italian screens Tuesday, May 1, the Columbia Pictures release triumphantly smashed the country's all-time opening record after satisfyingly garnering $4 million, a number that tripled the day-one takes of its two predecessors.
Pic even scored bigger in France with pulling a fantastic ticket sale of $6.1 million, which thus became the country's highest opening day of all time, besting local blockbuster "Taxi 2" ($4.5 million) and "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" ($3.9 million).
Meanwhile, Germany saw the superhero saga effortlessly collect $4.6 million tally from 486,571 admissions on its first day to surpass the attainments the two previous installments reached. The first take on the wall-crawler, "Spider-Man", earned $1.6 million in its first four-day run in the country while the second one, "Spider-Man 2", racked up a handful of $10.3 million over four days.
- Iggy Azalea's New Beau LJay Currie Gets Two Handfuls of Her Boobs and Ass
- Liam Payne Is Unscathed After Caught in Gunfire at Club
- Watch Britney Spears Shave Her Head in 'Britney Ever After' Trailer
- Mariah Carey's Worst Nightmare! Sister to Detail the Singer's Satanic Rituals and Sex Abuse Claims
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Welcomes Baby Girl Named Ella Grace
- Kristen Wiig Joins 'Last Man on Earth' in a Mysterious Recurring Role
- 'The Voice' Execs Want Blake Shelton to Propose to Gwen Stefani On-Air
- Ed Sheeran Travels Back to His Teenage Years in Nostalgic Video for 'Castle on the Hill'