"Spider-Man 3" Conquers Europe, Too
Completing its success in Asia, "Spider-Man 3" also opened grandly in European territories as it amazingly broke first-day records in both Italy and France while scoring superb income in Germany besides setting new records in Austria, Belgium, Holland, and Switzerland.
Debuted on 900 Italian screens Tuesday, May 1, the Columbia Pictures release triumphantly smashed the country's all-time opening record after satisfyingly garnering $4 million, a number that tripled the day-one takes of its two predecessors.
Pic even scored bigger in France with pulling a fantastic ticket sale of $6.1 million, which thus became the country's highest opening day of all time, besting local blockbuster "Taxi 2" ($4.5 million) and "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" ($3.9 million).
Meanwhile, Germany saw the superhero saga effortlessly collect $4.6 million tally from 486,571 admissions on its first day to surpass the attainments the two previous installments reached. The first take on the wall-crawler, "Spider-Man", earned $1.6 million in its first four-day run in the country while the second one, "Spider-Man 2", racked up a handful of $10.3 million over four days.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri