"Spider-Man 3" Conquers Europe, Too
Completing its success in Asia, "Spider-Man 3" also opened grandly in European territories as it amazingly broke first-day records in both Italy and France while scoring superb income in Germany besides setting new records in Austria, Belgium, Holland, and Switzerland.
Debuted on 900 Italian screens Tuesday, May 1, the Columbia Pictures release triumphantly smashed the country's all-time opening record after satisfyingly garnering $4 million, a number that tripled the day-one takes of its two predecessors.
Pic even scored bigger in France with pulling a fantastic ticket sale of $6.1 million, which thus became the country's highest opening day of all time, besting local blockbuster "Taxi 2" ($4.5 million) and "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" ($3.9 million).
Meanwhile, Germany saw the superhero saga effortlessly collect $4.6 million tally from 486,571 admissions on its first day to surpass the attainments the two previous installments reached. The first take on the wall-crawler, "Spider-Man", earned $1.6 million in its first four-day run in the country while the second one, "Spider-Man 2", racked up a handful of $10.3 million over four days.
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame
- Blac Chyna Plans Plastic Surgery Makeover to Match Her Post-Baby Body
- Melania Trump 'Fixes' Her Hair as Donald Trump Tries to Hold Her Hand
- Bella Hadid Enjoys Dinner Date With Mystery Hunk in Rome and Leaves With Bouquet of Roses
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Are Denied Access to Party in France
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Having a Baby to Save 'Stormy' Marriage