"Spider-Man 3" Conquers Europe, Too
Completing its success in Asia, "Spider-Man 3" also opened grandly in European territories as it amazingly broke first-day records in both Italy and France while scoring superb income in Germany besides setting new records in Austria, Belgium, Holland, and Switzerland.
Debuted on 900 Italian screens Tuesday, May 1, the Columbia Pictures release triumphantly smashed the country's all-time opening record after satisfyingly garnering $4 million, a number that tripled the day-one takes of its two predecessors.
Pic even scored bigger in France with pulling a fantastic ticket sale of $6.1 million, which thus became the country's highest opening day of all time, besting local blockbuster "Taxi 2" ($4.5 million) and "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" ($3.9 million).
Meanwhile, Germany saw the superhero saga effortlessly collect $4.6 million tally from 486,571 admissions on its first day to surpass the attainments the two previous installments reached. The first take on the wall-crawler, "Spider-Man", earned $1.6 million in its first four-day run in the country while the second one, "Spider-Man 2", racked up a handful of $10.3 million over four days.
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Gets Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed