Jarvis Cocker Hurls Legends for Meltdown
Pulp's Jarvis Cocker who acts as this year's Meltdown festival artistic director has succeeded convincing legends to appear at the event. Among people infused to appear are Motorhead, Melanie Safka, Devo, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Iggy Pop and The Stooges.
Motorhead will get a head start in the kick off gig on June 16 at Royal Festival Hall together with Melanie. For the latter, this would be her first British gig in 30 years. Devo will get its turn on June 19 while The Stooges and The Jesus and Mary Chain will be playing June 20 and 21 respectively.
Cocker summarized this year's line up as different to one another but very much similar in a way. "I am eternally grateful to all the artists who have agreed to contribute to this Meltdown. They are a disparate bunch but they have one thing in common - they will make you think," he said. "By combining things that shouldn't be combined, by looking at things from a different angle, by the use of extreme volumes and frequencies - by any means necessary - we shall rouse you from your slumber. And, you're going to love it."
The festival will end June 23 at Desperate Sound System Ballroom Floor. Tickets to the shows will go on sale May 3 starting from 9 am.
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'
- Goo Hara Is Accused of Smoking Marijuana After Posting a Photo of Hand-Rolled Cigarette
- Chrissy Teigen Is Blocked by Donald Trump After Posting This on Twitter
- Rick Ross Won't Sign Female Rapper to His Label as He Will 'End Up F**king' Her
- Amber Rose Reveals Kanye West Almost Caused Her to Commit Suicide After Their Breakup
- Full-Length Trailer for 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' Re-Release Unleashed