Jarvis Cocker Hurls Legends for Meltdown
Pulp's Jarvis Cocker who acts as this year's Meltdown festival artistic director has succeeded convincing legends to appear at the event. Among people infused to appear are Motorhead, Melanie Safka, Devo, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Iggy Pop and The Stooges.
Motorhead will get a head start in the kick off gig on June 16 at Royal Festival Hall together with Melanie. For the latter, this would be her first British gig in 30 years. Devo will get its turn on June 19 while The Stooges and The Jesus and Mary Chain will be playing June 20 and 21 respectively.
Cocker summarized this year's line up as different to one another but very much similar in a way. "I am eternally grateful to all the artists who have agreed to contribute to this Meltdown. They are a disparate bunch but they have one thing in common - they will make you think," he said. "By combining things that shouldn't be combined, by looking at things from a different angle, by the use of extreme volumes and frequencies - by any means necessary - we shall rouse you from your slumber. And, you're going to love it."
The festival will end June 23 at Desperate Sound System Ballroom Floor. Tickets to the shows will go on sale May 3 starting from 9 am.
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes