Open Casting Call for "American Girl"
Looking for a fresh face to be featured in their project, filmmakers of "Kit Kittredge: An American Girl Mystery" are going to hold open casting calls at American Girl Place retail stores in three U.S. cities of Los Angeles, Chicago, and New York on May 7, 8, and 14, respectively, president of Picturehouse and HBO Films Bob Berney and Colin Callender have announced.
Calls are open to all girls of age eight to twelve who must be available for filming in Toronto, Canada from May 29 up to July 13, 2007. Complete information on the audition can be viewed at American Girl's official site where applicants can obtain release forms and audition scripts among others.
"This is such a wonderful opportunity for us -- to go across the country looking for girls that love these characters as much as we do, and give them the chance to join us in bringing this inspirational story to the screen," producer Elaine Goldsmith-Thomas commented.
Telling the story of the clever and resourceful Kit Kittredge, a nine-year-old girl growing up in 1934 during America's Great Depression, the picture has already had Oscar-nominated actress Abigail Breslin as the leadstar with Ann Peacock penning the script. Marisa Yeres is accompanying Goldsmith-Thomas to produce in association with Julia Roberts and Lisa Gillan from Red Om Films also Ellen L. Brothers of American Girl, Inc.
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off