Open Casting Call for "American Girl"
Looking for a fresh face to be featured in their project, filmmakers of "Kit Kittredge: An American Girl Mystery" are going to hold open casting calls at American Girl Place retail stores in three U.S. cities of Los Angeles, Chicago, and New York on May 7, 8, and 14, respectively, president of Picturehouse and HBO Films Bob Berney and Colin Callender have announced.
Calls are open to all girls of age eight to twelve who must be available for filming in Toronto, Canada from May 29 up to July 13, 2007. Complete information on the audition can be viewed at American Girl's official site where applicants can obtain release forms and audition scripts among others.
"This is such a wonderful opportunity for us -- to go across the country looking for girls that love these characters as much as we do, and give them the chance to join us in bringing this inspirational story to the screen," producer Elaine Goldsmith-Thomas commented.
Telling the story of the clever and resourceful Kit Kittredge, a nine-year-old girl growing up in 1934 during America's Great Depression, the picture has already had Oscar-nominated actress Abigail Breslin as the leadstar with Ann Peacock penning the script. Marisa Yeres is accompanying Goldsmith-Thomas to produce in association with Julia Roberts and Lisa Gillan from Red Om Films also Ellen L. Brothers of American Girl, Inc.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign