Open Casting Call for "American Girl"
Looking for a fresh face to be featured in their project, filmmakers of "Kit Kittredge: An American Girl Mystery" are going to hold open casting calls at American Girl Place retail stores in three U.S. cities of Los Angeles, Chicago, and New York on May 7, 8, and 14, respectively, president of Picturehouse and HBO Films Bob Berney and Colin Callender have announced.
Calls are open to all girls of age eight to twelve who must be available for filming in Toronto, Canada from May 29 up to July 13, 2007. Complete information on the audition can be viewed at American Girl's official site where applicants can obtain release forms and audition scripts among others.
"This is such a wonderful opportunity for us -- to go across the country looking for girls that love these characters as much as we do, and give them the chance to join us in bringing this inspirational story to the screen," producer Elaine Goldsmith-Thomas commented.
Telling the story of the clever and resourceful Kit Kittredge, a nine-year-old girl growing up in 1934 during America's Great Depression, the picture has already had Oscar-nominated actress Abigail Breslin as the leadstar with Ann Peacock penning the script. Marisa Yeres is accompanying Goldsmith-Thomas to produce in association with Julia Roberts and Lisa Gillan from Red Om Films also Ellen L. Brothers of American Girl, Inc.
- Is Katy Perry Romancing Calvin Harris to Get Back at Taylor Swift?
- Miley Cyrus Makes Liam Hemsworth Jealous Over Her Pampering Sessions With Pet Pig
- 'Bachelorette' Recap: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Help Test the Guys' Husband Skills
- John Boyega Shows Finn's New Weapon in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Bella Thorne Gets Cuddly With Ex Gregg Sulkin After Super Quick Fling With Scott Disick
- Kourtney Kardashian Ready to Introduce Younes Bendjima to Her Family
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' Is Not Hacked, Claims Disney CEO
- Niall Horan Pays Tribute to Manchester Bombing Victims, Makes 'On the Loose' TV Debut on 'Today'