"Spider-Man 3" Rules Asian Territories
Spidey fever has truly attacked Asian continent with the arrival of "Spider-Man 3" on Tuesday, May 1, 2007 as the superhero saga reportedly sets records in every one of the eight Asian countries it debuted that day.
Largest tally was drawn from Japan where the flick successfully manages to reach opening-day sales of ¥415 million ($3.47 million), the biggest for a Tuesday in the territory. Pic previously encountered its worldwide premiere in the country's most populous city of Tokyo, on April 16.
In Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, and the Philippines, sales were the largest ever for any single day with those in Taiwan becoming the highest for any weekday. For South Korea and Hong Kong territories, the movie amazingly scored new marks for the biggest opening day, pulling respective income of 3.2 billion won ($3.4 million) and $HK7.5 million ($960,000).
Also opened in eight European markets, including Germany and France on the same day, the big-budgeted film will next debut in dozens of other territories in the next few days before encountering its domestic launch in 4,253 theaters on Friday, May 4, the widest North American opening of all time.
- Beyonce Is Performing at the 2016 MTV VMAs, MTV Confirms
- Britney Spears Reveals Her Desire to Collaborate With Ex Justin Timberlake
- Mariah Carey's Estranged Sister Busted for Prostitution
- Video: Jennifer Lopez Reunites With Ex Marc Anthony on Stage After Casper Smart Split
- Adam Levine Dresses Up as Pokemon-Like Monster for Maroon 5 Music Video Shoot
- Watch: Thor Hilariously Explains Why He Is Absent From 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Do These Pictures Show Justin Bieber Having Sex With Sofia Richie?
- Rihanna to Open 2016 MTV Video Music Awards