"Spider-Man 3" Rules Asian Territories
Spidey fever has truly attacked Asian continent with the arrival of "Spider-Man 3" on Tuesday, May 1, 2007 as the superhero saga reportedly sets records in every one of the eight Asian countries it debuted that day.
Largest tally was drawn from Japan where the flick successfully manages to reach opening-day sales of ¥415 million ($3.47 million), the biggest for a Tuesday in the territory. Pic previously encountered its worldwide premiere in the country's most populous city of Tokyo, on April 16.
In Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, and the Philippines, sales were the largest ever for any single day with those in Taiwan becoming the highest for any weekday. For South Korea and Hong Kong territories, the movie amazingly scored new marks for the biggest opening day, pulling respective income of 3.2 billion won ($3.4 million) and $HK7.5 million ($960,000).
Also opened in eight European markets, including Germany and France on the same day, the big-budgeted film will next debut in dozens of other territories in the next few days before encountering its domestic launch in 4,253 theaters on Friday, May 4, the widest North American opening of all time.
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- Megyn Kelly Courted by CNN for 8 or 9 P.M. Time Slots
- Check Out First Look at Anne Hathaway on Set of 'Ocean's Eight'
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M
- Mandy Moore Talks About Her Lesbian Mother and Gay Brothers