"Spider-Man 3" Rules Asian Territories
Spidey fever has truly attacked Asian continent with the arrival of "Spider-Man 3" on Tuesday, May 1, 2007 as the superhero saga reportedly sets records in every one of the eight Asian countries it debuted that day.
Largest tally was drawn from Japan where the flick successfully manages to reach opening-day sales of ¥415 million ($3.47 million), the biggest for a Tuesday in the territory. Pic previously encountered its worldwide premiere in the country's most populous city of Tokyo, on April 16.
In Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, and the Philippines, sales were the largest ever for any single day with those in Taiwan becoming the highest for any weekday. For South Korea and Hong Kong territories, the movie amazingly scored new marks for the biggest opening day, pulling respective income of 3.2 billion won ($3.4 million) and $HK7.5 million ($960,000).
Also opened in eight European markets, including Germany and France on the same day, the big-budgeted film will next debut in dozens of other territories in the next few days before encountering its domestic launch in 4,253 theaters on Friday, May 4, the widest North American opening of all time.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny