"Spider-Man 3" Rules Asian Territories
Spidey fever has truly attacked Asian continent with the arrival of "Spider-Man 3" on Tuesday, May 1, 2007 as the superhero saga reportedly sets records in every one of the eight Asian countries it debuted that day.
Largest tally was drawn from Japan where the flick successfully manages to reach opening-day sales of ¥415 million ($3.47 million), the biggest for a Tuesday in the territory. Pic previously encountered its worldwide premiere in the country's most populous city of Tokyo, on April 16.
In Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, and the Philippines, sales were the largest ever for any single day with those in Taiwan becoming the highest for any weekday. For South Korea and Hong Kong territories, the movie amazingly scored new marks for the biggest opening day, pulling respective income of 3.2 billion won ($3.4 million) and $HK7.5 million ($960,000).
Also opened in eight European markets, including Germany and France on the same day, the big-budgeted film will next debut in dozens of other territories in the next few days before encountering its domestic launch in 4,253 theaters on Friday, May 4, the widest North American opening of all time.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked