Gisele Bundchen Has Quit As the Face of Victoria's Secret Lingerie
Gisele Bundchen and Victoria's Secret are parting ways, it has been confirmed.
The supermodel has quit to be the face of the lingerie brand because they reportedly would not increase her $5 million-a-year salary.
Edward Razek, Victoria's Secret's chief creative officer, said in a statement Tuesday May 1st, "The long and fruitful relationship between Gisele Bundchen and Victoria's Secret has reached a conclusion. We wish her all the best and thank her for her extraordinary work. She will continue to be a visible part of the world's sexiest brand through the remainder of the year."
Bundchen had actually shown signs of wanting to move on as early as last year. "I would like to have different chapters in my life. I mean let's be honest, I do this because it's my job," she said. "I'm not this girl all the time."
Bundchen is among the most famous supermodels in the world, strutting international catwalks and is also known for her high-profile relationships with Leonardo DiCaprio and New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady.
More Gisele Bundchen News
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture