Gisele Bundchen Has Quit As the Face of Victoria's Secret Lingerie
Gisele Bundchen and Victoria's Secret are parting ways, it has been confirmed.
The supermodel has quit to be the face of the lingerie brand because they reportedly would not increase her $5 million-a-year salary.
Edward Razek, Victoria's Secret's chief creative officer, said in a statement Tuesday May 1st, "The long and fruitful relationship between Gisele Bundchen and Victoria's Secret has reached a conclusion. We wish her all the best and thank her for her extraordinary work. She will continue to be a visible part of the world's sexiest brand through the remainder of the year."
Bundchen had actually shown signs of wanting to move on as early as last year. "I would like to have different chapters in my life. I mean let's be honest, I do this because it's my job," she said. "I'm not this girl all the time."
Bundchen is among the most famous supermodels in the world, strutting international catwalks and is also known for her high-profile relationships with Leonardo DiCaprio and New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady.
More Gisele Bundchen News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story