Gisele Bundchen Has Quit As the Face of Victoria's Secret Lingerie
Gisele Bundchen and Victoria's Secret are parting ways, it has been confirmed.
The supermodel has quit to be the face of the lingerie brand because they reportedly would not increase her $5 million-a-year salary.
Edward Razek, Victoria's Secret's chief creative officer, said in a statement Tuesday May 1st, "The long and fruitful relationship between Gisele Bundchen and Victoria's Secret has reached a conclusion. We wish her all the best and thank her for her extraordinary work. She will continue to be a visible part of the world's sexiest brand through the remainder of the year."
Bundchen had actually shown signs of wanting to move on as early as last year. "I would like to have different chapters in my life. I mean let's be honest, I do this because it's my job," she said. "I'm not this girl all the time."
Bundchen is among the most famous supermodels in the world, strutting international catwalks and is also known for her high-profile relationships with Leonardo DiCaprio and New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'