Alex O'Connell of "The Mummy 3" Cast!
After months of speculations, finally the curtain is being lifted on who to play the lead character of Alex O'Connell in "The Mummy 3."
Variety has come up with news reporting that Universal Pictures and director Rob Cohen have chosen 26-year-old Luke Ford to assume the role, who is depicted as the son of Rick O'Connell, hero from previous "Mummy" installments played by Brendan Fraser. Here the character is said to follow his father to China and the Himalayas where they run into a new shape-shifting mummy, a former Chinese emperor cursed by a female wizard.
"He tested against four much more established actors, and he was magic when he read with Brendan," so Cohen said of Ford.
Along with Ford's inclusion, it is also confirmed that Jet Li is ultimately positive to join the project along with "Memoirs of a Geisha" star Michelle Yeoh who will portray the wizard. Filming is scheduled to begin in Montreal on July 27 before moving to China for a July 11, 2008 release.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby