Alex O'Connell of "The Mummy 3" Cast!
After months of speculations, finally the curtain is being lifted on who to play the lead character of Alex O'Connell in "The Mummy 3."
Variety has come up with news reporting that Universal Pictures and director Rob Cohen have chosen 26-year-old Luke Ford to assume the role, who is depicted as the son of Rick O'Connell, hero from previous "Mummy" installments played by Brendan Fraser. Here the character is said to follow his father to China and the Himalayas where they run into a new shape-shifting mummy, a former Chinese emperor cursed by a female wizard.
"He tested against four much more established actors, and he was magic when he read with Brendan," so Cohen said of Ford.
Along with Ford's inclusion, it is also confirmed that Jet Li is ultimately positive to join the project along with "Memoirs of a Geisha" star Michelle Yeoh who will portray the wizard. Filming is scheduled to begin in Montreal on July 27 before moving to China for a July 11, 2008 release.
- Lindsay Lohan Spotted Drinking, Smoking and Showing Tiny Baby Bump During Vacation
- 'DWTS' Alum Hayes Grier's Involved in Car Crash, Brother Asks for Prayer as He's 'Pretty Busted Up'
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Is Looking to Add This A-Lister
- Selena Gomez Is Gearing Up for New Album
- Halsey Thanks Fans for Their Support After Sharing Tragic Miscarriage Story
- Bristol Palin's Husband Dakota Meyer Slammed for Placing Gun Near Baby. See the Scary Pic
- Tyler Hoechlin Suits Up as Superman in His First Look on 'Supergirl'
- JoJo Goes Skinny Dipping in 'F**k Apologies' Video Feat. Wiz Khalifa