Alex O'Connell of "The Mummy 3" Cast!
After months of speculations, finally the curtain is being lifted on who to play the lead character of Alex O'Connell in "The Mummy 3."
Variety has come up with news reporting that Universal Pictures and director Rob Cohen have chosen 26-year-old Luke Ford to assume the role, who is depicted as the son of Rick O'Connell, hero from previous "Mummy" installments played by Brendan Fraser. Here the character is said to follow his father to China and the Himalayas where they run into a new shape-shifting mummy, a former Chinese emperor cursed by a female wizard.
"He tested against four much more established actors, and he was magic when he read with Brendan," so Cohen said of Ford.
Along with Ford's inclusion, it is also confirmed that Jet Li is ultimately positive to join the project along with "Memoirs of a Geisha" star Michelle Yeoh who will portray the wizard. Filming is scheduled to begin in Montreal on July 27 before moving to China for a July 11, 2008 release.
- Iggy Azalea and French Montana Are Pictured Kissing as a Source Confirms Their Relationship
- It's Official: 'Pretty Little Liars' to End With Season 7, 'Grimm' Canceled After 6 Seasons
- Red Band Trailer for 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' Sees Halle Berry as the Comedian's Bond Girl
- Watch Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj Ooze Sexiness in 'Side to Side' Video
- Is Kanye West Trying to Make Up With Taylor Swift With This Picture?
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Ben Affleck's Batman May Face Off Deathstroke in Solo Movie
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account