Alex O'Connell of "The Mummy 3" Cast!
After months of speculations, finally the curtain is being lifted on who to play the lead character of Alex O'Connell in "The Mummy 3."
Variety has come up with news reporting that Universal Pictures and director Rob Cohen have chosen 26-year-old Luke Ford to assume the role, who is depicted as the son of Rick O'Connell, hero from previous "Mummy" installments played by Brendan Fraser. Here the character is said to follow his father to China and the Himalayas where they run into a new shape-shifting mummy, a former Chinese emperor cursed by a female wizard.
"He tested against four much more established actors, and he was magic when he read with Brendan," so Cohen said of Ford.
Along with Ford's inclusion, it is also confirmed that Jet Li is ultimately positive to join the project along with "Memoirs of a Geisha" star Michelle Yeoh who will portray the wizard. Filming is scheduled to begin in Montreal on July 27 before moving to China for a July 11, 2008 release.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance