Green Day's Cover of John Lennon Available Digitally
Green Day's cover of John Lennon's "Working Class Hero" is made available for digital download starting from May 1. The charity song, which is part of Amnesty International for Darfur, contains partly Lennon's original voice.
The single is the third release from compilation titled "Instant Karma: The Campaign To Save Darfur" after R.E.M.'s cover of "#9 Dream" in March and Corinne Bailey Rae's version of "I'm Losing You" in April. Other tracks waiting to be released are the covers from U2, Black Eyed Peas, Christina Aguilera, Jack Johnson, Snow Patrol and Aerosmith.
A full tracklisting will be announce shortly before U.K.'s release date on May 25. The royalties accumulated from the sale will go to Yoko Ono's campaign project to help Darfur, a region in Sudan that is in midst of humanitarian crisis. Yoko said, "John's music set out to inspire change and, in standing up for human rights, we really can make the world a better place."
- Ryan Reynolds Finally Reveals Why He Looked So Uninterested in That Taylor Swift Photo
- 'Transformers' Star Isabela Moner Lands Key Role in 'Sicario' Sequel 'Soldado'
- HBO and J.J. Abrams Teaming Up for Space Drama 'Glare'
- James Franco's Surprise Role in 'Alien: Covenant' Unveiled
- Angelina Jolie Seen in Public for the First Time Since Brad Pitt Divorce Sans Wedding Ring
- Listen to a Sneak Peek of Louis Tomlinson's Debut Solo Song 'Just Hold On' Featuring Steve Aoki
- They Mean It! Kardashians Not Backing Down Against Blac Chyna Trademarking Her Name
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Sequel Gets Release Date. Mark Your Calendar!