Green Day's Cover of John Lennon Available Digitally
Green Day's cover of John Lennon's "Working Class Hero" is made available for digital download starting from May 1. The charity song, which is part of Amnesty International for Darfur, contains partly Lennon's original voice.
The single is the third release from compilation titled "Instant Karma: The Campaign To Save Darfur" after R.E.M.'s cover of "#9 Dream" in March and Corinne Bailey Rae's version of "I'm Losing You" in April. Other tracks waiting to be released are the covers from U2, Black Eyed Peas, Christina Aguilera, Jack Johnson, Snow Patrol and Aerosmith.
A full tracklisting will be announce shortly before U.K.'s release date on May 25. The royalties accumulated from the sale will go to Yoko Ono's campaign project to help Darfur, a region in Sudan that is in midst of humanitarian crisis. Yoko said, "John's music set out to inspire change and, in standing up for human rights, we really can make the world a better place."
More Green Day News
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video
- Jennifer Garner Reportedly 'Suspicious' of Ben Affleck's Relationship With His Detox Nurse
- 'Saturday Night Live' Mocks Trump's Inauguration With Shirtless Putin
- Brad Pitt Is Living a Healthy New Life Following Angelina Jolie Split
- New Couple Alert? Iggy Azalea Spotted Making Out With Music Producer LJay Currie in Mexico
- Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Madonna Perform at Women's March on Washington
- Is Ellen DeGeneres' Marriage to Portia de Rossi in Trouble?