Green Day's Cover of John Lennon Available Digitally
Green Day's cover of John Lennon's "Working Class Hero" is made available for digital download starting from May 1. The charity song, which is part of Amnesty International for Darfur, contains partly Lennon's original voice.
The single is the third release from compilation titled "Instant Karma: The Campaign To Save Darfur" after R.E.M.'s cover of "#9 Dream" in March and Corinne Bailey Rae's version of "I'm Losing You" in April. Other tracks waiting to be released are the covers from U2, Black Eyed Peas, Christina Aguilera, Jack Johnson, Snow Patrol and Aerosmith.
A full tracklisting will be announce shortly before U.K.'s release date on May 25. The royalties accumulated from the sale will go to Yoko Ono's campaign project to help Darfur, a region in Sudan that is in midst of humanitarian crisis. Yoko said, "John's music set out to inspire change and, in standing up for human rights, we really can make the world a better place."
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns