Green Day's Cover of John Lennon Available Digitally
Green Day's cover of John Lennon's "Working Class Hero" is made available for digital download starting from May 1. The charity song, which is part of Amnesty International for Darfur, contains partly Lennon's original voice.
The single is the third release from compilation titled "Instant Karma: The Campaign To Save Darfur" after R.E.M.'s cover of "#9 Dream" in March and Corinne Bailey Rae's version of "I'm Losing You" in April. Other tracks waiting to be released are the covers from U2, Black Eyed Peas, Christina Aguilera, Jack Johnson, Snow Patrol and Aerosmith.
A full tracklisting will be announce shortly before U.K.'s release date on May 25. The royalties accumulated from the sale will go to Yoko Ono's campaign project to help Darfur, a region in Sudan that is in midst of humanitarian crisis. Yoko said, "John's music set out to inspire change and, in standing up for human rights, we really can make the world a better place."
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift