Sigourney Weaver to Have a "Baby"
Apparently still eager for another turn in comedy genre after "The TV Set", Sigourney Weaver is reportedly engaged in negotiations for a starring slot in Universal Pictures' comedy "Baby Mama."
Featuring Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, the flick revolves around a single professional woman who opts to hire a surrogate mother so she can have a baby and keep her career on track. While Fey and Poehler have already been billed as the career woman and the surrogate, Weaver will likely play Chaffee Bicknell, owner and operator of the surrogate agency that Fey's character uses if everything goes as expected.
Filming is due to begin this month under the direction of Michael McCullers who will helm based on his own script with Lorne Michaels and John Goldwyn both producing. McCullers, initially worked as a writer to "Saturday Night Live", has been known for his writing works in two installments of "Austin Powers" franchise and recently penned family comedy "Thunderbirds" also for Universal.
- Britney Spears and Tinashe Share Photo From 'Slumber Party' Video Shoot
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early and Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie