Ridley Scott Rules "Nottingham"
Coming to his fourth collaboration with Russell Crowe, Ridley Scott has signed on to assume helming duties on the Oscar-winning actor's starring vehicle "Nottingham", which Universal Pictures is developing alongside Imagine Entertainment.
A revisionist take on the Robin Hood tale, pic will present Crowe's character, Sheriff of Nottingham, as a noble and brave lawman who labors for a corrupt king and engages in a love triangle with Maid Marion and Robin Hood. It is said that Scott will work on the project after finishing filming "Body of Lies" for Warner Bros. Pictures.
Production on "Nottingham" is slated to begin next year with Scott directing from script by Ethan Reiff and Cyrus Voris, the creators of Showtime's series "Sleeper Cell." Serving as producer is Imagine's Brian Grazer, who also produces Scott's upcoming crime drama "American Gangster."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie