Ridley Scott Rules "Nottingham"
Coming to his fourth collaboration with Russell Crowe, Ridley Scott has signed on to assume helming duties on the Oscar-winning actor's starring vehicle "Nottingham", which Universal Pictures is developing alongside Imagine Entertainment.
A revisionist take on the Robin Hood tale, pic will present Crowe's character, Sheriff of Nottingham, as a noble and brave lawman who labors for a corrupt king and engages in a love triangle with Maid Marion and Robin Hood. It is said that Scott will work on the project after finishing filming "Body of Lies" for Warner Bros. Pictures.
Production on "Nottingham" is slated to begin next year with Scott directing from script by Ethan Reiff and Cyrus Voris, the creators of Showtime's series "Sleeper Cell." Serving as producer is Imagine's Brian Grazer, who also produces Scott's upcoming crime drama "American Gangster."
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Kristen Stewart and St. Vincent Make Red Carpet Debut as Couple at Vogue Event