Ridley Scott Rules "Nottingham"
Coming to his fourth collaboration with Russell Crowe, Ridley Scott has signed on to assume helming duties on the Oscar-winning actor's starring vehicle "Nottingham", which Universal Pictures is developing alongside Imagine Entertainment.
A revisionist take on the Robin Hood tale, pic will present Crowe's character, Sheriff of Nottingham, as a noble and brave lawman who labors for a corrupt king and engages in a love triangle with Maid Marion and Robin Hood. It is said that Scott will work on the project after finishing filming "Body of Lies" for Warner Bros. Pictures.
Production on "Nottingham" is slated to begin next year with Scott directing from script by Ethan Reiff and Cyrus Voris, the creators of Showtime's series "Sleeper Cell." Serving as producer is Imagine's Brian Grazer, who also produces Scott's upcoming crime drama "American Gangster."
More Robin Hood News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby