Babyshambles Has Winehouse & Ryder in Mind
After announcing a recording deal with Parlophone, Babyshambles is gearing up new album. For this sophomore effort, the band is backed up with their friends, Amy Winehouse and Happy Monday's Shaun Ryder.
Revealing the work, bassist Drew McConnell said, "There's talk of maybe Shaun Ryder doing something on it, and Amy Winehouse as well may be doing a little collaboration. She's a friend of ours. The Shaun Ryder one is in negotiation at the moment. Our people are talking to their people hopefully...we'll see what happens."
They had also tapped Stephen Street who had worked with Blur and Kaiser Chiefs to be the producer. Pete Doherty said, "I found it quite interesting a few things he said. I read in NME he said Graham Coxon is one of the finest guitar players he's ever worked with and I've always thought he's underrated. He gets plenty of praise but there's something special about Graham Coxon. I don't know, that comment from Stephen always stuck in my head."
Currently they have written over 35 songs and will see which made the cut. The album is aimed for late 2007 release. Meanwhile, they have been slated to perform in V festival together with Winehouse, Oxegen festival on July 7-8, and also Scottish music festival T in the Park in the same week.
- Diplo Reuniting With Justin Bieber and MO for Major Lazer's New Song
- Charlize Theron Hosts Baby Shower for Pal Emily Blunt
- Johnny Depp's Hollywood Vampires Concert Went Ahead Despite Boycott Threat
- Selena Gomez Calls Paul Rudd a 'Pervert' in 'Fundamentals of Caring' First Trailer
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Remake Series, Tells Fans to Boycott the Show
- Is Justin Bieber Ready to Settle Down With Nicola Peltz?
- Kylie, Kendall Jenner and Gal Pals Strip Down to Sexy Bikinis as They Kick Off Summer
- The Rock Confirms Starring Role in Shane Black's 'Doc Savage'