Babyshambles Has Winehouse & Ryder in Mind
After announcing a recording deal with Parlophone, Babyshambles is gearing up new album. For this sophomore effort, the band is backed up with their friends, Amy Winehouse and Happy Monday's Shaun Ryder.
Revealing the work, bassist Drew McConnell said, "There's talk of maybe Shaun Ryder doing something on it, and Amy Winehouse as well may be doing a little collaboration. She's a friend of ours. The Shaun Ryder one is in negotiation at the moment. Our people are talking to their people hopefully...we'll see what happens."
They had also tapped Stephen Street who had worked with Blur and Kaiser Chiefs to be the producer. Pete Doherty said, "I found it quite interesting a few things he said. I read in NME he said Graham Coxon is one of the finest guitar players he's ever worked with and I've always thought he's underrated. He gets plenty of praise but there's something special about Graham Coxon. I don't know, that comment from Stephen always stuck in my head."
Currently they have written over 35 songs and will see which made the cut. The album is aimed for late 2007 release. Meanwhile, they have been slated to perform in V festival together with Winehouse, Oxegen festival on July 7-8, and also Scottish music festival T in the Park in the same week.
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl