Babyshambles Has Winehouse & Ryder in Mind
After announcing a recording deal with Parlophone, Babyshambles is gearing up new album. For this sophomore effort, the band is backed up with their friends, Amy Winehouse and Happy Monday's Shaun Ryder.
Revealing the work, bassist Drew McConnell said, "There's talk of maybe Shaun Ryder doing something on it, and Amy Winehouse as well may be doing a little collaboration. She's a friend of ours. The Shaun Ryder one is in negotiation at the moment. Our people are talking to their people hopefully...we'll see what happens."
They had also tapped Stephen Street who had worked with Blur and Kaiser Chiefs to be the producer. Pete Doherty said, "I found it quite interesting a few things he said. I read in NME he said Graham Coxon is one of the finest guitar players he's ever worked with and I've always thought he's underrated. He gets plenty of praise but there's something special about Graham Coxon. I don't know, that comment from Stephen always stuck in my head."
Currently they have written over 35 songs and will see which made the cut. The album is aimed for late 2007 release. Meanwhile, they have been slated to perform in V festival together with Winehouse, Oxegen festival on July 7-8, and also Scottish music festival T in the Park in the same week.
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party