Babyshambles Has Winehouse & Ryder in Mind
After announcing a recording deal with Parlophone, Babyshambles is gearing up new album. For this sophomore effort, the band is backed up with their friends, Amy Winehouse and Happy Monday's Shaun Ryder.
Revealing the work, bassist Drew McConnell said, "There's talk of maybe Shaun Ryder doing something on it, and Amy Winehouse as well may be doing a little collaboration. She's a friend of ours. The Shaun Ryder one is in negotiation at the moment. Our people are talking to their people hopefully...we'll see what happens."
They had also tapped Stephen Street who had worked with Blur and Kaiser Chiefs to be the producer. Pete Doherty said, "I found it quite interesting a few things he said. I read in NME he said Graham Coxon is one of the finest guitar players he's ever worked with and I've always thought he's underrated. He gets plenty of praise but there's something special about Graham Coxon. I don't know, that comment from Stephen always stuck in my head."
Currently they have written over 35 songs and will see which made the cut. The album is aimed for late 2007 release. Meanwhile, they have been slated to perform in V festival together with Winehouse, Oxegen festival on July 7-8, and also Scottish music festival T in the Park in the same week.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie