Donny Osmond Back for "Beauty and the Beast"
Making his way back to Broadway, Donny Osmond is set to once again reprise his role as Gaston in the final performance of stage production of Disney Theatrical's "Beauty and the Beast" at the Lunt-Fontanne Theatre on July 29, his spokesperson has confirmed.
Previously showed up on Broadway in "Little Johnny Jones" and toured for several years in, the multi-talented artist has enjoyed a successful three-month run playing the villainous character before leaving the show on Christmas Eve. With his return, he thereby will join the current cast of the musical that includes Anneliese van der Pol, Steve Blanchard and John Tartaglia, among others.
Based on Disney's 1991 animated feature, the stage version was first performed on April 18, 1994 to become Broadway's sixth-longest running production with new expanded script and brand new songs by Alan Menken and Tim Rice. Osmond's return will mark the end of its run as Disney has intended to close the show to make way for its next musical project "The Little Mermaid."
- Ja Rule Apologizes for Disastrous Fyre Festival, Insists 'It Was Not a Scam'
- 'Roseanne' Revival in the Works With Original Main Cast
- Aaron Rodgers Spotted on Date With 'Baywatch' Star Kelly Rohrbach After Olivia Munn Split
- Gwen Stefani Hospitalized Due to Ruptured Ear Drum
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob and Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner