Donny Osmond Back for "Beauty and the Beast"
Making his way back to Broadway, Donny Osmond is set to once again reprise his role as Gaston in the final performance of stage production of Disney Theatrical's "Beauty and the Beast" at the Lunt-Fontanne Theatre on July 29, his spokesperson has confirmed.
Previously showed up on Broadway in "Little Johnny Jones" and toured for several years in, the multi-talented artist has enjoyed a successful three-month run playing the villainous character before leaving the show on Christmas Eve. With his return, he thereby will join the current cast of the musical that includes Anneliese van der Pol, Steve Blanchard and John Tartaglia, among others.
Based on Disney's 1991 animated feature, the stage version was first performed on April 18, 1994 to become Broadway's sixth-longest running production with new expanded script and brand new songs by Alan Menken and Tim Rice. Osmond's return will mark the end of its run as Disney has intended to close the show to make way for its next musical project "The Little Mermaid."
- Drake Admits Nicki Minaj Was the Reason Behind His Meek Mill Feud
- 'The Walking Dead' Will Reveal Who Helped Daryl Escape the Sanctuary
- Beyonce Is Suffering From Bad Morning Sickness
- You're Not the Victim! Brad Pitt Blasts Angelina Jolie's Cambodian Interview
- Watch Migos' Energetic Performance of 'Bad and Boujee' on 'Ellen'
- Ryan Seacrest Assures Fans Everything Is OK After Fire Breaks Out at His $50M Mansion
- Pregnant Again? Blac Chyna Sports Suspicious Bump While Stepping Out With Another Man
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'