Britain's Richest Musical Figures According to the Sunday Times
At least he still makes the list, though not in the No. 1 position. Paul McCartney's wealth is decreasing as time goes by that he is only ranked 3rd in an annual list of Britain's Richest Musical Figures released Friday April 27th by the Sunday Times. The list said the former Beatle's wealth reaches an estimated £725 million, which is down £100 million from last year.
The decrease is presumably due to his costly divorce with estranged wife Heather Mills, the paper said. Top the annual rich list is the former record label boss Clive Calder, who is considered as the country's only music billionaire with a fortune estimated at £1.3 billion. Theater composer Andrew Lloyd Webber who is worth at £740 million is moving up to 2nd place from 3rd in 2006.
Simon Fuller, the creator of the hit "American Idol" show, is ranked 4th with £450 million, equal with that of theater producer Cameron Mackintosh. Celebrity couple Madonna and husband Guy Ritchie come in at number six on the list, with a combined £275 million, besting Elton John at No. 7 with £225 million and Mick Jagger at No. 8 with £215 million.
The annual rich list, published Sunday April 29th, is based on identifiable wealth in the form of land, property, other assets such as art and shares in publicly quoted companies, but does not include bank accounts. Get one at the nearest newsstand to read the complete list of music figures make the list.
More Paul McCartney News
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?