Britain's Richest Musical Figures According to the Sunday Times
At least he still makes the list, though not in the No. 1 position. Paul McCartney's wealth is decreasing as time goes by that he is only ranked 3rd in an annual list of Britain's Richest Musical Figures released Friday April 27th by the Sunday Times. The list said the former Beatle's wealth reaches an estimated £725 million, which is down £100 million from last year.
The decrease is presumably due to his costly divorce with estranged wife Heather Mills, the paper said. Top the annual rich list is the former record label boss Clive Calder, who is considered as the country's only music billionaire with a fortune estimated at £1.3 billion. Theater composer Andrew Lloyd Webber who is worth at £740 million is moving up to 2nd place from 3rd in 2006.
Simon Fuller, the creator of the hit "American Idol" show, is ranked 4th with £450 million, equal with that of theater producer Cameron Mackintosh. Celebrity couple Madonna and husband Guy Ritchie come in at number six on the list, with a combined £275 million, besting Elton John at No. 7 with £225 million and Mick Jagger at No. 8 with £215 million.
The annual rich list, published Sunday April 29th, is based on identifiable wealth in the form of land, property, other assets such as art and shares in publicly quoted companies, but does not include bank accounts. Get one at the nearest newsstand to read the complete list of music figures make the list.
- Lady GaGa Hits Recording Studio With BloodPop, Mark Ronson and Kevin Parker
- Derek Hough Confirms He's Back on 'Dancing with the Stars', Cheryl Burke Also Returns
- Ruby Rose Splits From Girlfriend Harley Gusman
- Ariana Grande Kisses Mac Miller and Sits on His Lap at VMAs After-Party
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs