No Link Between Kate Beckinsale and "Barbarella"
Despite the heavy words floating around about her possibility to fill in the lead role in "Barbarella", Kate Beckinsale turned out to be unaware of her being reported so by Britain's Daily Express last week.
Finally gave response to the publication after learning about it, the "Underworld" star has laughed off the tidbit and assured IGN that no one has even approached her for any talks to take the part.
"I just found out myself today," the beauty told the site last week from the set of the currently-filming "Whiteout." "It's thrilling! I've never heard anything about it before today. One of the [Whiteout] crewmembers told me."
Produced by Dino De Laurentiis for Paramount Pictures, "Barbarella" is a remake of the 1968 flick of the same name which follows the feisty space explorer as she conducts a special mission of tracking down a mad scientist named Durand Durand. "Hannibal Rising" director Peter Webber has already been tapped to helm with Neal Purvis and Robert Wade penning the script.
- Katy Perry's Backup Dancer Falls Offstage During Her BRIT Award Performance
- Rooney Mara's Isla Tries to Commit Suicide in New 'The Discovery' Trailer
- Matt Damon Urging Ben Affleck to Find a New Wife Amid Jennifer Garner Divorce Rumors
- Scarlett Johansson All Smiles During Lunch Date With Mystery Man After Romain Dauriac Split
- The Chainsmokers and Coldplay Team Up for Love Song 'Something Just Like This'
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz Are 'Living Separate Lives'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Taps John Ortiz to Star as New Charter President
- Angelina Jolie May Soon Star in 'Maleficent 2'