No Link Between Kate Beckinsale and "Barbarella"
Despite the heavy words floating around about her possibility to fill in the lead role in "Barbarella", Kate Beckinsale turned out to be unaware of her being reported so by Britain's Daily Express last week.
Finally gave response to the publication after learning about it, the "Underworld" star has laughed off the tidbit and assured IGN that no one has even approached her for any talks to take the part.
"I just found out myself today," the beauty told the site last week from the set of the currently-filming "Whiteout." "It's thrilling! I've never heard anything about it before today. One of the [Whiteout] crewmembers told me."
Produced by Dino De Laurentiis for Paramount Pictures, "Barbarella" is a remake of the 1968 flick of the same name which follows the feisty space explorer as she conducts a special mission of tracking down a mad scientist named Durand Durand. "Hannibal Rising" director Peter Webber has already been tapped to helm with Neal Purvis and Robert Wade penning the script.
More Kate Beckinsale News
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular
- Cheryl Signs Up for Private Boxing Sessions in an Attempt to Get Back Into Shape After Giving Birth
- Jake Gyllenhaal Loses His Legs in Boston Marathon Bombing in Intense Trailer for 'Stronger'
- 50 Cent Has the Hots for Helen Mirren Despite 30-Year Age Gap: 'She Turns Me On'
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sparks Plastic Surgery Speculations
- Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers Revive 'SNL' 'Really?!' Segment to Mock Pro-Trump Protesters