David S. Goyer Is "Magneto" Director!
After drifting around for more than two years, "Magneto" at last has come to its new phase. Variety has brought in great news stating that the project has already found its director in David S. Goyer, the man behind the writings of all three "Blade" films, "Batman Begins" and its sequel "The Dark Knight."
A spin-off to the "X-Men" franchise, the project is said to follow the titular character as he comes to grips with his mutant ability then improving it to hurt down the Nazi war criminals that tortured him. It is his lust for vengeance that ultimately turns him and his best friend Charles Xavier, also known as Professor X, into enemies.
In working on the flick, Goyer has been confirmed to carry out his duties based on a script already penned by Sheldon Turner, who recently wrote for "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning." Pic will be developed as a joint project between the 20th Century Fox and Marvel Studios with actors in their twenties to be cast to portray Magneto and Xavier.
- Andi Dorfman Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- Madonna Is Turning to Ex Sean Penn Amid Adoption Crisis
- 'Beauty and the Beast' Will Feature Disney's First Gay Character
- Jay-Z and Chris Martin Enjoy Night Out in WeHo
- Kris Is Convincing Caitlyn Jenner to Return to 'KUWTK' After 'I Am Cait' Cancellation
- Lady GaGa Confirms Coachella Gig With Line-Up Photo
- 'T.I. and Tiny: The Family Hustle' Is Renewed for Season 6 Amid Their Divorce Drama
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Cozying Up to Mystery Brunette Days Before Katy Perry Split