Amy Winehouse Gets 'Americanized'
A number of hip-hop icons have turned Amy Winehouse's "Rehab" to their own version. The funk and jazz tune has inspired Jay-Z, Pharoahe Monch and Ghostface Killah to provide the remix. Winehouse, on the other side actually said the remixes were "really, really good", but refused to reveal the details.
Little did the British import know that her tune would bring influence to other musicians. "Obviously I didn't set out to do that," she said, "but I have pride in being different. And the Jay-Z remix is wicked. I'm flattered that he liked (the song) enough to do something with it." With this new progress, she hopes to make more future recordings with Jay-Z in order to break US market like she had done with UK.
"I love playing gigs, and if I get to come to America and play more shows and see more places on the back of a really good record, I'm the happiest girl in the world," she said.
Winehouse has hooked up with these US singers in several meetings before. Jay-Z was reported sitting at the audience seat when she wowed New York crowd in March. She will also see Ghostface and Monch again at Coachella Festival this Friday.
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger