Amy Winehouse Gets 'Americanized'
A number of hip-hop icons have turned Amy Winehouse's "Rehab" to their own version. The funk and jazz tune has inspired Jay-Z, Pharoahe Monch and Ghostface Killah to provide the remix. Winehouse, on the other side actually said the remixes were "really, really good", but refused to reveal the details.
Little did the British import know that her tune would bring influence to other musicians. "Obviously I didn't set out to do that," she said, "but I have pride in being different. And the Jay-Z remix is wicked. I'm flattered that he liked (the song) enough to do something with it." With this new progress, she hopes to make more future recordings with Jay-Z in order to break US market like she had done with UK.
"I love playing gigs, and if I get to come to America and play more shows and see more places on the back of a really good record, I'm the happiest girl in the world," she said.
Winehouse has hooked up with these US singers in several meetings before. Jay-Z was reported sitting at the audience seat when she wowed New York crowd in March. She will also see Ghostface and Monch again at Coachella Festival this Friday.
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Was 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge