Amy Winehouse Gets 'Americanized'
A number of hip-hop icons have turned Amy Winehouse's "Rehab" to their own version. The funk and jazz tune has inspired Jay-Z, Pharoahe Monch and Ghostface Killah to provide the remix. Winehouse, on the other side actually said the remixes were "really, really good", but refused to reveal the details.
Little did the British import know that her tune would bring influence to other musicians. "Obviously I didn't set out to do that," she said, "but I have pride in being different. And the Jay-Z remix is wicked. I'm flattered that he liked (the song) enough to do something with it." With this new progress, she hopes to make more future recordings with Jay-Z in order to break US market like she had done with UK.
"I love playing gigs, and if I get to come to America and play more shows and see more places on the back of a really good record, I'm the happiest girl in the world," she said.
Winehouse has hooked up with these US singers in several meetings before. Jay-Z was reported sitting at the audience seat when she wowed New York crowd in March. She will also see Ghostface and Monch again at Coachella Festival this Friday.
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'