Amy Winehouse Gets 'Americanized'
A number of hip-hop icons have turned Amy Winehouse's "Rehab" to their own version. The funk and jazz tune has inspired Jay-Z, Pharoahe Monch and Ghostface Killah to provide the remix. Winehouse, on the other side actually said the remixes were "really, really good", but refused to reveal the details.
Little did the British import know that her tune would bring influence to other musicians. "Obviously I didn't set out to do that," she said, "but I have pride in being different. And the Jay-Z remix is wicked. I'm flattered that he liked (the song) enough to do something with it." With this new progress, she hopes to make more future recordings with Jay-Z in order to break US market like she had done with UK.
"I love playing gigs, and if I get to come to America and play more shows and see more places on the back of a really good record, I'm the happiest girl in the world," she said.
Winehouse has hooked up with these US singers in several meetings before. Jay-Z was reported sitting at the audience seat when she wowed New York crowd in March. She will also see Ghostface and Monch again at Coachella Festival this Friday.
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?