Helmers Tapped for Baldwin's Films
Four well-known names in directing field this time are carrying out the same banner for sure. Variety has brought in news reporting that Chuck Russell, Deepa Mehta, Joel Schumacher, and Peter Cattaneo have all been picked up by Baldwin Entertainment Group to each work on a film for the studio.
Russell will take helming duties on "Mandrake", an action adventure based on the Hearts comic while Mehta is set to direct an eco drama simply entitled "Luna." Schumacher, in the meantime, will make action flick "1:30 Train" with Cattaneo directing a rom-com movie called "Indiscretion."
It is further informed that the announcement Baldwin Entertainment made basically was part of disclosing that Swiss-based Omega Entertainment has agreed to a multi-picture financing deal with the company, initially covering the quartet of projects. Owned by Howard and Karen Baldwin, Baldwin Entertainment is currently in post-production on "Death Sentence" as well as in development of "Teacher Man" and "Atlas Shrugged", which Angelina Jolie is toplining.
More Luna News
- Netflix Is Back After Crash Following 'Luke Cage' Premiere
- Gigi Hadid Trips on Runway at Paris Fashion Week
- Mail Order Bride Comedy Canned by NBC After Getting Backlash
- Robin Williams' Widow Calls the Actor's Disease 'the Terrorist Inside My Husband's Brain'
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress