Julia Stiles Rings the "Bell"
Finally turning back into drama genre, Julia Stiles is poised to topline "The Bell Jar" which she will also produce for New York-based company Plum Pictures, Variety has reported.
Based on Sylvia Plath's semi-autobiographical novel, the picture will see Stiles play Esther Greenwood, a young reporter who aims to make a name for herself in New York but later becomes increasingly depressed and moves back to Boston. As her mental state spirals, she afterwards makes several attempts to take her own life, including swallowing a lot of sleeping pills.
While name to direct is still in question, playwright and screenwriter Tristine Skyler has been confirmed to pen the script with Celine Rattray, Daniela Taplin Lundberg, and Galt Niederhoffer all accompanying Stiles on the producer's seat. Exact production schedule has not yet been known, but filming is expected to begin early next year.
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber