Julia Stiles Rings the "Bell"
Finally turning back into drama genre, Julia Stiles is poised to topline "The Bell Jar" which she will also produce for New York-based company Plum Pictures, Variety has reported.
Based on Sylvia Plath's semi-autobiographical novel, the picture will see Stiles play Esther Greenwood, a young reporter who aims to make a name for herself in New York but later becomes increasingly depressed and moves back to Boston. As her mental state spirals, she afterwards makes several attempts to take her own life, including swallowing a lot of sleeping pills.
While name to direct is still in question, playwright and screenwriter Tristine Skyler has been confirmed to pen the script with Celine Rattray, Daniela Taplin Lundberg, and Galt Niederhoffer all accompanying Stiles on the producer's seat. Exact production schedule has not yet been known, but filming is expected to begin early next year.
- Chrissy Teigen Blasts Paparazzi on Twitter After She and John Legend Were Called 'Monkeys'
- Arcade Fire Responds to Trump's Inauguration in 'I Give You Power' Ft. Mavis Staples
- Louis Tomlinson and Danielle Campbell Break Up Weeks After His Mom's Death
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Files for Divorce From Wife of 22 Years, Sara Kapfer
- First Look at Susan Sarandon and Jessica Lange on Ryan Murphy's 'Feud'
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Having a Blast Coming Up With Baby Names'
- Topless Ariel Winter Shows Off Breast Reduction Scars in New Unretouched Pics
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies