Julia Stiles Rings the "Bell"
Finally turning back into drama genre, Julia Stiles is poised to topline "The Bell Jar" which she will also produce for New York-based company Plum Pictures, Variety has reported.
Based on Sylvia Plath's semi-autobiographical novel, the picture will see Stiles play Esther Greenwood, a young reporter who aims to make a name for herself in New York but later becomes increasingly depressed and moves back to Boston. As her mental state spirals, she afterwards makes several attempts to take her own life, including swallowing a lot of sleeping pills.
While name to direct is still in question, playwright and screenwriter Tristine Skyler has been confirmed to pen the script with Celine Rattray, Daniela Taplin Lundberg, and Galt Niederhoffer all accompanying Stiles on the producer's seat. Exact production schedule has not yet been known, but filming is expected to begin early next year.
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake
- This Picture of Princess Charlotte Snuggling a Bunny at Playdate in Canada Is Just Too Cute
- Here's What Tim Burton Says About Lack of Diversity in 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children'
- Here's What Happens to Kylie Jenner's Number That Rob Kardashian Leaked on Twitter
- First Look at Justice Society of America in 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' Season 2 Photos
- Tom Cruise Beats the Bad Guys to Death in 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' IMAX Trailer
- The Weeknd Releases New Single 'False Alarm'
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer