Julia Stiles Rings the "Bell"
Finally turning back into drama genre, Julia Stiles is poised to topline "The Bell Jar" which she will also produce for New York-based company Plum Pictures, Variety has reported.
Based on Sylvia Plath's semi-autobiographical novel, the picture will see Stiles play Esther Greenwood, a young reporter who aims to make a name for herself in New York but later becomes increasingly depressed and moves back to Boston. As her mental state spirals, she afterwards makes several attempts to take her own life, including swallowing a lot of sleeping pills.
While name to direct is still in question, playwright and screenwriter Tristine Skyler has been confirmed to pen the script with Celine Rattray, Daniela Taplin Lundberg, and Galt Niederhoffer all accompanying Stiles on the producer's seat. Exact production schedule has not yet been known, but filming is expected to begin early next year.
- 'Arrow' Star Stephen Amell Teases the Return of Mystery Character and 'Meaner' Season 5
- Kanye West and Everyone, Including Taylor Swift, Sleep Naked in His 'Famous' Video
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Confirms the Presence of A.R.G.U.S.
- Khloe Kardashian Sizzles With Purple Lipstick on Glamour Mexico. See the Sexy Snaps!
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Pixie Haircut at Givenchy Fashion Show With Bella Hadid and More
- Teresa Palmer Finds Someone's Name Carved in New 'Lights Out' Trailer
- Liam Hemsworth Defends His 2012 Engagement to Miley Cyrus
- Jamie Foxx's Wild Night Out: Boozing and Grinding With Mystery Women