Julia Stiles Rings the "Bell"
Finally turning back into drama genre, Julia Stiles is poised to topline "The Bell Jar" which she will also produce for New York-based company Plum Pictures, Variety has reported.
Based on Sylvia Plath's semi-autobiographical novel, the picture will see Stiles play Esther Greenwood, a young reporter who aims to make a name for herself in New York but later becomes increasingly depressed and moves back to Boston. As her mental state spirals, she afterwards makes several attempts to take her own life, including swallowing a lot of sleeping pills.
While name to direct is still in question, playwright and screenwriter Tristine Skyler has been confirmed to pen the script with Celine Rattray, Daniela Taplin Lundberg, and Galt Niederhoffer all accompanying Stiles on the producer's seat. Exact production schedule has not yet been known, but filming is expected to begin early next year.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!