Snoop Dogg Offers a Debate with Oprah Winfrey
After Russell Simmons claims the need to clean the rap lyrics from words like "b***h", "ho" and "n****r", Oprah Winfrey mentioned the name Snoop Dogg in relation to this matter. Snoop returns the 'favor' by offering a debate on her show.
Oprah recently discussed the influence of lyrics in rap music towards children in her show. She happened to point that Snoop is one of the artists using racist and sexist lyrical content in their album. "I'm a fan of Oprah. I feel like whatever they're saying about me, negative or positive, I appreciate it," Snoop said in response. "I'm Snoop Dogg - you can't (badmouth) me because I do so much right and I'm the person who represents me the best."
The rapper would like to appear in The Oprah Winfrey Show to put up his defense. He said, "Snoop Dogg is a father, he's a (football) coach, he's a teacher. I'm a man, and I do make mistakes and I'm willing to listen and learn. But a lot of times, they don't know me, so they have to speak on what they feel. But it is what it is. I appreciate you, Oprah. I've never been on your show, so thank you for bringing my name up on your show. I'm sure that'll mean another million record sales. Thank you."
More Snoop Dogg News
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism