Snoop Dogg Offers a Debate with Oprah Winfrey
After Russell Simmons claims the need to clean the rap lyrics from words like "b***h", "ho" and "n****r", Oprah Winfrey mentioned the name Snoop Dogg in relation to this matter. Snoop returns the 'favor' by offering a debate on her show.
Oprah recently discussed the influence of lyrics in rap music towards children in her show. She happened to point that Snoop is one of the artists using racist and sexist lyrical content in their album. "I'm a fan of Oprah. I feel like whatever they're saying about me, negative or positive, I appreciate it," Snoop said in response. "I'm Snoop Dogg - you can't (badmouth) me because I do so much right and I'm the person who represents me the best."
The rapper would like to appear in The Oprah Winfrey Show to put up his defense. He said, "Snoop Dogg is a father, he's a (football) coach, he's a teacher. I'm a man, and I do make mistakes and I'm willing to listen and learn. But a lot of times, they don't know me, so they have to speak on what they feel. But it is what it is. I appreciate you, Oprah. I've never been on your show, so thank you for bringing my name up on your show. I'm sure that'll mean another million record sales. Thank you."
More Snoop Dogg News
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle
- Salazar's Grudge Against Jack Sparrow Is Explained in 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' New TV Spot
- Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez May Need to Postpone Their Wedding Plan. Find Out Why
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke' Cast Dishes on Lady GaGa's Possible Return and More
- Artist of the Week: Jackie Evancho
- Traumatized Kim Kardashian Seeks Therapy After Paris Robbery
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- 'Venom Carnage' Is Listed as Horror Sci-Fi, Production Date Is Revealed