"Spider-Man 3" Costs Extravagantly
'Spider-Man 3' is rumored to be the most expensive movie ever made. According to reports, the film - which is based on the popular Marvel comic book series - cost more than $500 million to make. However, the sum has been much disputed with some Hollywood insiders struggling to accept that so much money was spent on it.
'Spider-Man 3' producer Laura Ziskin told the New York Post newspaper: "I refuse to say the real number because it makes me choke. 'Spider-Man 3' was a super-expensive movie - the most expensive film we've ever made. But there 's no way you can get to $300 million." A Sony representative claims the film cost $270 million. One movie source is adamant the actual total was higher, with production costs alone reaching $350 million, while New York location shoots cost upwards of $1 million a day. Radar magazine reported the final bill for 'Spider-Man 3', which stars Kirsten Dunst and Tobey Maguire, was $500 million.
The film which is premiered on Apr 23 in London Leicester Square and early next month in US, also contains ultra-expensive computer-generated special effects. It isn't unusual for Hollywood blockbusters to cost mega-bucks. 'Spider-Man 2' reportedly cost $210 million, 'King Kong' $207 million and 'Titanic' $247 million.
(©) BANG Media International
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'
- 'Tomb Raider' Remake Finds Villain in Walton Goggins
- Nicki Minaj Teams Up With Fetty Wap for 'Like a Star', Surprises Fans With New Bouncy Track
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'