"Spider-Man 3" Costs Extravagantly
'Spider-Man 3' is rumored to be the most expensive movie ever made. According to reports, the film - which is based on the popular Marvel comic book series - cost more than $500 million to make. However, the sum has been much disputed with some Hollywood insiders struggling to accept that so much money was spent on it.
'Spider-Man 3' producer Laura Ziskin told the New York Post newspaper: "I refuse to say the real number because it makes me choke. 'Spider-Man 3' was a super-expensive movie - the most expensive film we've ever made. But there 's no way you can get to $300 million." A Sony representative claims the film cost $270 million. One movie source is adamant the actual total was higher, with production costs alone reaching $350 million, while New York location shoots cost upwards of $1 million a day. Radar magazine reported the final bill for 'Spider-Man 3', which stars Kirsten Dunst and Tobey Maguire, was $500 million.
The film which is premiered on Apr 23 in London Leicester Square and early next month in US, also contains ultra-expensive computer-generated special effects. It isn't unusual for Hollywood blockbusters to cost mega-bucks. 'Spider-Man 2' reportedly cost $210 million, 'King Kong' $207 million and 'Titanic' $247 million.
(©) BANG Media International
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences