"Spider-Man 3" Costs Extravagantly
'Spider-Man 3' is rumored to be the most expensive movie ever made. According to reports, the film - which is based on the popular Marvel comic book series - cost more than $500 million to make. However, the sum has been much disputed with some Hollywood insiders struggling to accept that so much money was spent on it.
'Spider-Man 3' producer Laura Ziskin told the New York Post newspaper: "I refuse to say the real number because it makes me choke. 'Spider-Man 3' was a super-expensive movie - the most expensive film we've ever made. But there 's no way you can get to $300 million." A Sony representative claims the film cost $270 million. One movie source is adamant the actual total was higher, with production costs alone reaching $350 million, while New York location shoots cost upwards of $1 million a day. Radar magazine reported the final bill for 'Spider-Man 3', which stars Kirsten Dunst and Tobey Maguire, was $500 million.
The film which is premiered on Apr 23 in London Leicester Square and early next month in US, also contains ultra-expensive computer-generated special effects. It isn't unusual for Hollywood blockbusters to cost mega-bucks. 'Spider-Man 2' reportedly cost $210 million, 'King Kong' $207 million and 'Titanic' $247 million.
(©) BANG Media International
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie