Late Tupac Shakur Faces a Lawsuit
Even more than a decade after his death in 1996, Tupac Shakur is still making a headline. The deceased rapper is being sued by singer Esther Williams for copying her lyrics in the song "Late Night".
Williams filed a lawsuit against the rapper icon's company Amaru Entertainment after discovering Tupac's lyrics in "Last Night" was too similar to her 1976 single "Last Night Changed It All". Tupac's mother and the representation of Universal Music Group are faced against this charge.
Tupac was shot in a drive-by shooting on September 7, 1996. He died 6 days later due to respiratory failure and cardiac arrest.
More Tupac Shakur News
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'