Zach Braff Is Not "Fletch"
Seems the mystery has begun to unravel on Zach Braff's status in "Fletch Won." TV Guide has brought in sad news that the "Scrubs" star has come up to a conclusion of not joining the project as the titular character, which he had been tipped for since last year.
Based on Gregory Mcdonald's 1985 novel of the same title, the movie is likely to be the third motion picture to feature the character of the wisecracking reporter after "Fletch" (1985) and "Fletch Lives" (1989). "Scrubs" creator Bill Lawrence has already been appointed to helm from his own script with David List producing for The Weinstein Co..
No official statement coming from Braff's representative yet on the reason of the actor's decision, but TV Guide does point out that he presumably turned the role down because of scheduling conflicts, as Lawrence has indicated.
"Zach is writing and directing his own film ['Open Hearts'] at Paramount," the man advised the site. "I'm very happy for him. We were looking forward to doing this thing together, but when you get an opportunity like that, you've got to take it."
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7