Zach Braff Is Not "Fletch"
Seems the mystery has begun to unravel on Zach Braff's status in "Fletch Won." TV Guide has brought in sad news that the "Scrubs" star has come up to a conclusion of not joining the project as the titular character, which he had been tipped for since last year.
Based on Gregory Mcdonald's 1985 novel of the same title, the movie is likely to be the third motion picture to feature the character of the wisecracking reporter after "Fletch" (1985) and "Fletch Lives" (1989). "Scrubs" creator Bill Lawrence has already been appointed to helm from his own script with David List producing for The Weinstein Co..
No official statement coming from Braff's representative yet on the reason of the actor's decision, but TV Guide does point out that he presumably turned the role down because of scheduling conflicts, as Lawrence has indicated.
"Zach is writing and directing his own film ['Open Hearts'] at Paramount," the man advised the site. "I'm very happy for him. We were looking forward to doing this thing together, but when you get an opportunity like that, you've got to take it."
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics