Zach Braff Is Not "Fletch"
Seems the mystery has begun to unravel on Zach Braff's status in "Fletch Won." TV Guide has brought in sad news that the "Scrubs" star has come up to a conclusion of not joining the project as the titular character, which he had been tipped for since last year.
Based on Gregory Mcdonald's 1985 novel of the same title, the movie is likely to be the third motion picture to feature the character of the wisecracking reporter after "Fletch" (1985) and "Fletch Lives" (1989). "Scrubs" creator Bill Lawrence has already been appointed to helm from his own script with David List producing for The Weinstein Co..
No official statement coming from Braff's representative yet on the reason of the actor's decision, but TV Guide does point out that he presumably turned the role down because of scheduling conflicts, as Lawrence has indicated.
"Zach is writing and directing his own film ['Open Hearts'] at Paramount," the man advised the site. "I'm very happy for him. We were looking forward to doing this thing together, but when you get an opportunity like that, you've got to take it."
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special