Kevin Bacon Is "Taking Chance"
Attempting to deliver another powerful performance, Kevin Bacon has signed on to topline an Iraq-war feature titled "Taking Chance", which reportedly will be launched as an HBO TV-movie in 2008.
Here Bacon will portray a military officer named Lt. Col. Michael Strobl who accompanies the body of fallen U.S. soldier Chance Phelps as it is returned home from Iraq for a burial in Wyoming. Pic will be based on Strobl's short story of the same name.
"When I first read 'Taking Chance,' it reminded me of a modern-day 'The Best Years of Our Lives,' " HBO Films president Colin Callender remarked. "I cannot imagine anyone better than Kevin Bacon to bring this role to the screen."
Production is said to begin this summer under the direction of Ross Katz who will helm from the script he wrote alongside Strobl. Katz, who makes his directorial debut here, is also onboard to executive produce accompanied by Brad Krevoy and Cathy Wischner-Sola with Lori Keith Douglas producing.
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift