Kevin Bacon Is "Taking Chance"
Attempting to deliver another powerful performance, Kevin Bacon has signed on to topline an Iraq-war feature titled "Taking Chance", which reportedly will be launched as an HBO TV-movie in 2008.
Here Bacon will portray a military officer named Lt. Col. Michael Strobl who accompanies the body of fallen U.S. soldier Chance Phelps as it is returned home from Iraq for a burial in Wyoming. Pic will be based on Strobl's short story of the same name.
"When I first read 'Taking Chance,' it reminded me of a modern-day 'The Best Years of Our Lives,' " HBO Films president Colin Callender remarked. "I cannot imagine anyone better than Kevin Bacon to bring this role to the screen."
Production is said to begin this summer under the direction of Ross Katz who will helm from the script he wrote alongside Strobl. Katz, who makes his directorial debut here, is also onboard to executive produce accompanied by Brad Krevoy and Cathy Wischner-Sola with Lori Keith Douglas producing.
- Chris Klein Welcomes First Child With Wife, Shares First Photos of Cute Baby Boy
- 'American Horror Story' First Season 6 Teasers Are Creepy as Hell
- JoJo to Release New Album 'Mad Love' in October
- Ed Sheeran Sparks Wedding Rumors After Spotted With Ring on That Finger
- Jennifer Aniston Bares Her Boobs While Sunbathing in Italy
- A Version of Britney Spears' 'Make Me' Without G-Eazy Surfaces Online
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7: It's Negan's World Now
- First Look at New Villain in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Revealed