Kevin Bacon Is "Taking Chance"
Attempting to deliver another powerful performance, Kevin Bacon has signed on to topline an Iraq-war feature titled "Taking Chance", which reportedly will be launched as an HBO TV-movie in 2008.
Here Bacon will portray a military officer named Lt. Col. Michael Strobl who accompanies the body of fallen U.S. soldier Chance Phelps as it is returned home from Iraq for a burial in Wyoming. Pic will be based on Strobl's short story of the same name.
"When I first read 'Taking Chance,' it reminded me of a modern-day 'The Best Years of Our Lives,' " HBO Films president Colin Callender remarked. "I cannot imagine anyone better than Kevin Bacon to bring this role to the screen."
Production is said to begin this summer under the direction of Ross Katz who will helm from the script he wrote alongside Strobl. Katz, who makes his directorial debut here, is also onboard to executive produce accompanied by Brad Krevoy and Cathy Wischner-Sola with Lori Keith Douglas producing.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent