Kevin Bacon Is "Taking Chance"
Attempting to deliver another powerful performance, Kevin Bacon has signed on to topline an Iraq-war feature titled "Taking Chance", which reportedly will be launched as an HBO TV-movie in 2008.
Here Bacon will portray a military officer named Lt. Col. Michael Strobl who accompanies the body of fallen U.S. soldier Chance Phelps as it is returned home from Iraq for a burial in Wyoming. Pic will be based on Strobl's short story of the same name.
"When I first read 'Taking Chance,' it reminded me of a modern-day 'The Best Years of Our Lives,' " HBO Films president Colin Callender remarked. "I cannot imagine anyone better than Kevin Bacon to bring this role to the screen."
Production is said to begin this summer under the direction of Ross Katz who will helm from the script he wrote alongside Strobl. Katz, who makes his directorial debut here, is also onboard to executive produce accompanied by Brad Krevoy and Cathy Wischner-Sola with Lori Keith Douglas producing.
- Jennifer Garner's New Pal Chelsea Handler Is Going After Ben Affleck
- 'Game of Thrones' Is Filming Fake Scenes
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom
- Celebrity Police Unit to Be Discontinued Following Big Bang's T.O.P's Marijuana Scandal
- Cara Delevingne Says She Wants to Be James Bond Amid Bond Girl Rumors
- Johnny Depp Demands Claim He Has 'Psychological Issues' Removed From Court Record