Kevin Bacon Is "Taking Chance"
Attempting to deliver another powerful performance, Kevin Bacon has signed on to topline an Iraq-war feature titled "Taking Chance", which reportedly will be launched as an HBO TV-movie in 2008.
Here Bacon will portray a military officer named Lt. Col. Michael Strobl who accompanies the body of fallen U.S. soldier Chance Phelps as it is returned home from Iraq for a burial in Wyoming. Pic will be based on Strobl's short story of the same name.
"When I first read 'Taking Chance,' it reminded me of a modern-day 'The Best Years of Our Lives,' " HBO Films president Colin Callender remarked. "I cannot imagine anyone better than Kevin Bacon to bring this role to the screen."
Production is said to begin this summer under the direction of Ross Katz who will helm from the script he wrote alongside Strobl. Katz, who makes his directorial debut here, is also onboard to executive produce accompanied by Brad Krevoy and Cathy Wischner-Sola with Lori Keith Douglas producing.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group