Cristiano Ronaldo Scores Two Player Awards
Cristiano Ronaldo, a professional Portuguese footballer, who plays for Manchester United F.C. and Portugal, has on Sunday April 22nd named the Professional Footballers' Association (PFA) Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year, thus becoming the first player to win both awards in the same season since Aston Villa striker Andy Gray back in 1977.
"It is a special night," Ronaldo said while receiving the honor at a dinner in London. "It is amazing and a big honor for me to win trophies like this in the English Premier League. I am very proud. My colleagues have voted for me and that is fantastic because the players know the qualities of players." The athlete went on saying, "I want to keep working hard and getting better because these trophies have now given me more motivation. At this moment, I am consistent. I am more mature now and I am playing better."
Ronaldo besting the likes of Chelsea striker Didier Drogba and Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes, who both was second and third respectively in the senior award. Manchester United veteran Ryan Giggs, last year's winner Steven Gerrard of Liverpool and 19-year-old Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas also made the shortlist.
More Cristiano Ronaldo News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna