The 60th Annual Cannes Film Festival Lineup Revealed
Entering its sixtieth celebration this year, the annually-held Cannes Film Festival has once again included a series of promising titles to get screened either in or out of competition this time, the event's organizers have announced.
Marking the opening of the world's biggest film fest on May 16 will be "My Blueberry Nights", the first English-language flick from veteran Hong Kong filmmaker Wong Kar Wai, which turns out to be among the twenty-two titles going for the Competition program.
Also submitted into the section are several U.S. productions of "Zodiac", "No Country for Old Men", "We Own the Night", "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly", "Paranoid Park" and "Grindhouse." What should be noticed here is that the latter one appears to only be represented by Quentin Tarantino's "Death Proof" segment, which is expanded to one-hour-and-fifty-minute length.
Meanwhile, well-known titles are also set to be presented as movies screened out of competition. Apart from the previously announced "Ocean's Thirteen", the lineup includes "A Mighty Heart" and "Go Go Tales" as well as documentary features "11 th Hour", "Sicko", and "The War", all three coming from U.S. filmmakers.
This year's festival will have actress Diane Kruger as the Master of Ceremonies with director Stephen Frears, actress Toni Collette and Maggie Cheung, also French film star Michael Piccoli plus Nobel Prize-winning Turkish novelist Orhan Pamuk all becoming the jury. The event will close May 27 with the screening of Canadian filmmaker Denys Arcand's "The Age of Darkness."
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny