The 60th Annual Cannes Film Festival Lineup Revealed
Entering its sixtieth celebration this year, the annually-held Cannes Film Festival has once again included a series of promising titles to get screened either in or out of competition this time, the event's organizers have announced.
Marking the opening of the world's biggest film fest on May 16 will be "My Blueberry Nights", the first English-language flick from veteran Hong Kong filmmaker Wong Kar Wai, which turns out to be among the twenty-two titles going for the Competition program.
Also submitted into the section are several U.S. productions of "Zodiac", "No Country for Old Men", "We Own the Night", "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly", "Paranoid Park" and "Grindhouse." What should be noticed here is that the latter one appears to only be represented by Quentin Tarantino's "Death Proof" segment, which is expanded to one-hour-and-fifty-minute length.
Meanwhile, well-known titles are also set to be presented as movies screened out of competition. Apart from the previously announced "Ocean's Thirteen", the lineup includes "A Mighty Heart" and "Go Go Tales" as well as documentary features "11 th Hour", "Sicko", and "The War", all three coming from U.S. filmmakers.
This year's festival will have actress Diane Kruger as the Master of Ceremonies with director Stephen Frears, actress Toni Collette and Maggie Cheung, also French film star Michael Piccoli plus Nobel Prize-winning Turkish novelist Orhan Pamuk all becoming the jury. The event will close May 27 with the screening of Canadian filmmaker Denys Arcand's "The Age of Darkness."
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7