Universal Re-Builds the "Colossus"
Undoubtedly will evoke sci-fi fans' excitement, Universal Pictures is joining forces with Imagine Entertainment to set up a remake of sci-fi saga "Colossus: The Forbin Project", which Joseph Sargent directed for the studio back in 1970.
Simply titled "Colossus", the new version has already had Jason Rothenberg written its screenplay while is intended to be a potential directing vehicle for "The Da Vinci Code" helmer Ron Howard. Names to star have not yet been revealed, but Brian Grazer reportedly is onboard to produce.
A forerunner of movies like "Terminator" franchise, the original was made based on the D.F. Jones' 1966 novel which centers on a massive defense computer that becomes sentient and decides to take control of the world. Rothenberg is said to use the original's premise as a springboard and will incorporate two subsequent "Colossus" novels written by Jones to hatch a much broader film premise.
- Listen to David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' Feat. Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne
- Report: Friends Fear for Lisa Rinna's Life as She Takes Pills to Stay Thin
- Gwyneth Paltrow Talks Anal Sex: 'It's Practically Standard in the Modern Bedroom Repertoire'
- Fashion Fail! Caitlyn Jenner Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction as She Exposes Her Bra in Sheer Top
- Amy Schumer Drops Out of 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- CBS Renews 16 Series for 2017-2018 Season - Find Out Which Show Makes the Cut
- Rihanna Is Reportedly Not Surprised With Drake's New Sade Tattoo. Find Out Why
- It's Finally Here! Zayn Malik Releases New Single 'Still Got Time' Ft. PARTYNEXTDOOR