Elijah Wood Spreads "Black Wings"
Finally trying his hands at producing films, Elijah Wood is collaborating with Anthony Moody and Rob Malkani's Indalo Productions to produce a big screen feature entitled "Black Wings Has My Angel", The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Adapted from Elliott Chaze's noir novel of the same name, the project takes focus on an ex-convict who stages a daring armed car robbery in Colorado with the help of a call girl whom he picked up in a backwoods Mississippi motel.
"I've always been intrigued by noir novels and noir films. I love that style," Wood admitted. "And to unearth something from that era that hasn't been made into a film or is not a remake is really exciting. It's a lost classic."
While no director attached yet, it is confirmed that writing duo Barry Gifford and Christopher Peditto are both onboard to work on the script with an eye to enter production later this year. Meanwhile, Wood is said to have no plan to take any starring role in the film.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo