Elijah Wood Spreads "Black Wings"
Finally trying his hands at producing films, Elijah Wood is collaborating with Anthony Moody and Rob Malkani's Indalo Productions to produce a big screen feature entitled "Black Wings Has My Angel", The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Adapted from Elliott Chaze's noir novel of the same name, the project takes focus on an ex-convict who stages a daring armed car robbery in Colorado with the help of a call girl whom he picked up in a backwoods Mississippi motel.
"I've always been intrigued by noir novels and noir films. I love that style," Wood admitted. "And to unearth something from that era that hasn't been made into a film or is not a remake is really exciting. It's a lost classic."
While no director attached yet, it is confirmed that writing duo Barry Gifford and Christopher Peditto are both onboard to work on the script with an eye to enter production later this year. Meanwhile, Wood is said to have no plan to take any starring role in the film.
- Kristen Stewart In Talks for Fox's Thriller 'Underwater'
- 'The Predator' Reboot Adds 'Chuck' Alum Yvonne Strahovski
- Nick Cannon Introduces Newborn Baby Boy Golden 'Sagon'
- Jamie Chung to Play Blink in FOX's 'X-Men' Pilot
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges