Elijah Wood Spreads "Black Wings"
Finally trying his hands at producing films, Elijah Wood is collaborating with Anthony Moody and Rob Malkani's Indalo Productions to produce a big screen feature entitled "Black Wings Has My Angel", The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Adapted from Elliott Chaze's noir novel of the same name, the project takes focus on an ex-convict who stages a daring armed car robbery in Colorado with the help of a call girl whom he picked up in a backwoods Mississippi motel.
"I've always been intrigued by noir novels and noir films. I love that style," Wood admitted. "And to unearth something from that era that hasn't been made into a film or is not a remake is really exciting. It's a lost classic."
While no director attached yet, it is confirmed that writing duo Barry Gifford and Christopher Peditto are both onboard to work on the script with an eye to enter production later this year. Meanwhile, Wood is said to have no plan to take any starring role in the film.
- Jaden and Willow Smith Want to Retire in 10 Years
- Nick Young Wants Chris Brown Out of Their Neighborhood: 'You're Making the Block Hot'
- New 'Jumanji' Film Adds Karen Gillan in Major Role
- Black Eyed Peas Remakes 'Where Is the Love' With Usher, Jaden Smith and More for Charity
- Emma Roberts Goes Topless for Mario Testino's Towel Series Shot
- Hot Mama! Bar Refaeli Flaunts Her Bikini Body Just Three Weeks After Giving Birth
- ABC Reveals Nick Viall as the Next Bachelor and Spoils the Result of His 'Paradise' Stint
- New 'Doctor Strange' Featurette Offers New Details About Ancient One, Mordo and Kaecilius