Elijah Wood Spreads "Black Wings"
Finally trying his hands at producing films, Elijah Wood is collaborating with Anthony Moody and Rob Malkani's Indalo Productions to produce a big screen feature entitled "Black Wings Has My Angel", The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Adapted from Elliott Chaze's noir novel of the same name, the project takes focus on an ex-convict who stages a daring armed car robbery in Colorado with the help of a call girl whom he picked up in a backwoods Mississippi motel.
"I've always been intrigued by noir novels and noir films. I love that style," Wood admitted. "And to unearth something from that era that hasn't been made into a film or is not a remake is really exciting. It's a lost classic."
While no director attached yet, it is confirmed that writing duo Barry Gifford and Christopher Peditto are both onboard to work on the script with an eye to enter production later this year. Meanwhile, Wood is said to have no plan to take any starring role in the film.
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake
- This Picture of Princess Charlotte Snuggling a Bunny at Playdate in Canada Is Just Too Cute
- Here's What Tim Burton Says About Lack of Diversity in 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children'
- Here's What Happens to Kylie Jenner's Number That Rob Kardashian Leaked on Twitter
- First Look at Justice Society of America in 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' Season 2 Photos
- Tom Cruise Beats the Bad Guys to Death in 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' IMAX Trailer
- The Weeknd Releases New Single 'False Alarm'
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer