Elijah Wood Spreads "Black Wings"
Finally trying his hands at producing films, Elijah Wood is collaborating with Anthony Moody and Rob Malkani's Indalo Productions to produce a big screen feature entitled "Black Wings Has My Angel", The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Adapted from Elliott Chaze's noir novel of the same name, the project takes focus on an ex-convict who stages a daring armed car robbery in Colorado with the help of a call girl whom he picked up in a backwoods Mississippi motel.
"I've always been intrigued by noir novels and noir films. I love that style," Wood admitted. "And to unearth something from that era that hasn't been made into a film or is not a remake is really exciting. It's a lost classic."
While no director attached yet, it is confirmed that writing duo Barry Gifford and Christopher Peditto are both onboard to work on the script with an eye to enter production later this year. Meanwhile, Wood is said to have no plan to take any starring role in the film.
More Elijah Wood News
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth
- Andy Samberg Really Is a 'Weirdo' on New Freestyle From 'Popstar'
- Ben Affleck Spotted Wearing Eyeliner During Outing With Jennifer Garner and Kids
- 'Run's House' Star Angela Simmons Expecting First Child. See Her Baby Bump
- Fox Comes Under Fire in Italy for Postponing 'Independence Day: Resurgence' Release