Kate Beckinsale Is "Barbarella"?
With the lead part currently being in search, words no doubt are circulating around on who may get the coveted role in Paramount Pictures' sci-fi adventure "Barbarella."
Adding the hype on this matter, the Daily Express has come with an interesting tidbit saying that "Underworld" star Kate Beckinsale has been tipped to become the title character in the project, which is a remake of the 1968 flick of the same name.
"The feeling is that Kate has just the right combination of beauty, humour and acting talent for the part," an insider to the paper claimed.
Starring Jane Fonda, the original was made based on the French sci-fi comic book by Jean-Claude Forest which follows the feisty space explorer as she is assigned by the President of the Galaxy to conduct a special mission of tracking down a mad scientist named Durand Durand. Daily Express' insider noted that if Kate really bags the part, she will need to get used to wearing some seriously skimpy outfits - and will have a lot to live up to.
"Jane Fonda made the Barbarella role very much her own all those years ago and she's bound to be a tough act to follow," the person remarked.
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season