Kate Beckinsale Is "Barbarella"?
With the lead part currently being in search, words no doubt are circulating around on who may get the coveted role in Paramount Pictures' sci-fi adventure "Barbarella."
Adding the hype on this matter, the Daily Express has come with an interesting tidbit saying that "Underworld" star Kate Beckinsale has been tipped to become the title character in the project, which is a remake of the 1968 flick of the same name.
"The feeling is that Kate has just the right combination of beauty, humour and acting talent for the part," an insider to the paper claimed.
Starring Jane Fonda, the original was made based on the French sci-fi comic book by Jean-Claude Forest which follows the feisty space explorer as she is assigned by the President of the Galaxy to conduct a special mission of tracking down a mad scientist named Durand Durand. Daily Express' insider noted that if Kate really bags the part, she will need to get used to wearing some seriously skimpy outfits - and will have a lot to live up to.
"Jane Fonda made the Barbarella role very much her own all those years ago and she's bound to be a tough act to follow," the person remarked.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7