Kate Beckinsale Is "Barbarella"?
With the lead part currently being in search, words no doubt are circulating around on who may get the coveted role in Paramount Pictures' sci-fi adventure "Barbarella."
Adding the hype on this matter, the Daily Express has come with an interesting tidbit saying that "Underworld" star Kate Beckinsale has been tipped to become the title character in the project, which is a remake of the 1968 flick of the same name.
"The feeling is that Kate has just the right combination of beauty, humour and acting talent for the part," an insider to the paper claimed.
Starring Jane Fonda, the original was made based on the French sci-fi comic book by Jean-Claude Forest which follows the feisty space explorer as she is assigned by the President of the Galaxy to conduct a special mission of tracking down a mad scientist named Durand Durand. Daily Express' insider noted that if Kate really bags the part, she will need to get used to wearing some seriously skimpy outfits - and will have a lot to live up to.
"Jane Fonda made the Barbarella role very much her own all those years ago and she's bound to be a tough act to follow," the person remarked.
More Kate Beckinsale News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences