"Dawn Treader" Helmer Chosen
The coveted chair finally is secured by Michael Apted as Ain't It Cool News has surprisingly brought in a scoop stating the English filmmaker has already been assigned to be the director of "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader."
The Walt Disney Pictures and Walden Media's third installment of "Narnia" franchise, the project will be made based on C.S. Lewis' third published book of the series which finds Edmund and Lucy Pevensie helping Caspian to locate the seven banished lords of Narnia. Its predecessor, "The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian" is currently in production for a May 16, 2008 release with Andrew Adamson at helm.
Apted, best known for his work on the Up series of documentaries, first built his path in television, securing a traineeship at Granada Television where he began to work as a researcher before venturing into feature directing through "The Triple Echo" in 1972. Some of his notable film credits besides the latest one "Amazing Grace" are "Coal Miner's Daughter", "Nell", and "The World Is Not Enough."
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs