Edward Norton Transforms Into "The Incredible Hulk"
The flow of great talents toplining superhero flick continues to stream down the Hollywood's film industry. Going on the same path his fellow Oscar-nominee Robert Downey Jr. has taken in "Iron Man", Edward Norton has delightfully been confirmed to star as the titular character in "The Incredible Hulk", the follow-up to Ang Lee's 2003 effort "Hulk" based on Marvel Comics' character created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby.
"Edward Norton is a rare talent and one of the most versatile actors in the business," Marvel Studios' production president Kevin Feige said in a statement. "His ability to transform into a particular role makes him the ideal choice to take on the character of Bruce Banner and the Hulk. Edward is perfectly suited to bring one of the most popular and important Marvel icons to the bigscreen in a new and exciting way."
Described by director Louis Leterier as more of a "reboot", the project reportedly begins with Banner on the run, trying to avoid capture long enough to cure the condition that turns him into a misunderstood green menace. Already assigned to pen the screenplay is Zak Penn, who previously wrote scripts of "Elektra" and "X-Men: The Last Stand", the latter scoring a considerable domestic gross of over $234 million.
Filming on the movie is due to begin June this year in Toronto, Canada for a June 13, 2008 release. Feige, Avi Arad, plus Gale Anne Hurd will produce while Lee, Ari Arad, and Jim Van Wyck all set to executive produce. Page Buckner and James Acheson have been hired to handle art direction and costume design, respectively, with Rhythm and Hues providing the CGI.
- Selena Gomez's '13 Reasons Why' Sparks Concerns Among School Officials and Health Experts
- Report: Taylor Swift and Harry Styles Getting Back Together
- 'DWTS' Stars Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Survive Attempted Break-In
- Heather Morris on Her 'DWTS' Elimination: 'I Was Very Happy for the Last Time to Be Amazing'
- Tyga's Afraid of Losing Kylie Jenner Forever as He Feels 'Threatened' by Travis Scott
- Hailee Steinfeld's New Song 'Most Girls' Will Arrive This Week
- Tiny's 'Nervous' to Divorce T.I.: Their Children Are Her Biggest Concern
- Madonna Slams Biopic 'Blonde Ambition'