Michael Bay Bows to "Prince of Persia"
This time, the fate of King Sharaman's son lies in the hand of Michael Bay. Yes, the action filmmaker is reported by IESB.net to have assumed helming duties for "Prince of Persia: Sands of Time", an adaptation of Ubisoft's popular third-person action adventure video game of the same name.
Developed under Walt Disney Pictures banner for a 2009 release, the movie is said to take some elements from the game to use them in building a new story in the vein of "Pirates of the Caribbean" film installments. It is expected to be the next big screen project of Bay after his highly anticipated feature "Transformers", which is set to hit theaters on July 4 this year.
In working on the script, writer of the original Jordan Mechner has penned the first draft of the screenplay for the feature film with subsequent drafts by Jeffrey Nachmanoff. Meanwhile, famed producer Jerry Bruckheimer has been confirmed to come onboard to co-produce via his Jeffrey Bruckheimer Films shingle alongside Chad Oman and Mike Stenson with John August executive producing.
Set in medieval Persia, the original presents a story about the prince who is tricked by a dying Vizier to unleash the Sands of Time that turns out to destroy a kingdom and transforms its populace into ferocious demons. In his effort to save his own kingdom and redeem his fatal mistake, the prince then teams up with a rival princess to return the sands to the hourglass by using the Dagger of Time, which also gives him a limited control over the flow of time
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance