Michael Bay Bows to "Prince of Persia"
This time, the fate of King Sharaman's son lies in the hand of Michael Bay. Yes, the action filmmaker is reported by IESB.net to have assumed helming duties for "Prince of Persia: Sands of Time", an adaptation of Ubisoft's popular third-person action adventure video game of the same name.
Developed under Walt Disney Pictures banner for a 2009 release, the movie is said to take some elements from the game to use them in building a new story in the vein of "Pirates of the Caribbean" film installments. It is expected to be the next big screen project of Bay after his highly anticipated feature "Transformers", which is set to hit theaters on July 4 this year.
In working on the script, writer of the original Jordan Mechner has penned the first draft of the screenplay for the feature film with subsequent drafts by Jeffrey Nachmanoff. Meanwhile, famed producer Jerry Bruckheimer has been confirmed to come onboard to co-produce via his Jeffrey Bruckheimer Films shingle alongside Chad Oman and Mike Stenson with John August executive producing.
Set in medieval Persia, the original presents a story about the prince who is tricked by a dying Vizier to unleash the Sands of Time that turns out to destroy a kingdom and transforms its populace into ferocious demons. In his effort to save his own kingdom and redeem his fatal mistake, the prince then teams up with a rival princess to return the sands to the hourglass by using the Dagger of Time, which also gives him a limited control over the flow of time
- 'Jumanji' Is an Old School Video Game in Its First Trailer
- 'Jealous' Kim Kardashian Demands Hefty Pay Raise for 'KUWTK'
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert