Three Discuss What to Do "Afterwards"
Looks like development of "Afterwards" is running rather velvety as the flick now already has three promising names in its cast namely John Malkovich, Romain Duris, and Evangeline Lilly, who is set to make her feature debut here.
A co-production of France's Fidelite Films and Canada's Christal Film Productions, the supernatural thriller is based on Guillaume Musso's novel "Et apres..." and will see Duris as a workaholic lawyer drifting away from his ex-wife, played by Lilly, and daughter. In one occasion, he unexpectedly stumbles into Malkovich's character, a mysterious doctor named Joseph Kay, who claims to be have the power to sense when people are about to die.
With Duris' inclusion as the lawyer, it is unclear yet whether Forest Whitaker is still attached to the project. Previous report back in January said that the Oscar-winning actor has been engaged in talks to take part in the movie, in which he is supposed to be given the lawyer role if deals are reached.
Production on the picture is due to begin on June 4 in New York and Montreal for forty-five days to meet a 2008 Canadian theatrical release. French filmmaker Gilles Bourdos is in charge to direct from script he wrote with Michel Spinosa. Producer credits go to Marc Missonnier and Olivier Delbosc for Fidelite Films and Christian Larouche and Christian Gagne for Christal Films.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'