Three Discuss What to Do "Afterwards"
Looks like development of "Afterwards" is running rather velvety as the flick now already has three promising names in its cast namely John Malkovich, Romain Duris, and Evangeline Lilly, who is set to make her feature debut here.
A co-production of France's Fidelite Films and Canada's Christal Film Productions, the supernatural thriller is based on Guillaume Musso's novel "Et apres..." and will see Duris as a workaholic lawyer drifting away from his ex-wife, played by Lilly, and daughter. In one occasion, he unexpectedly stumbles into Malkovich's character, a mysterious doctor named Joseph Kay, who claims to be have the power to sense when people are about to die.
With Duris' inclusion as the lawyer, it is unclear yet whether Forest Whitaker is still attached to the project. Previous report back in January said that the Oscar-winning actor has been engaged in talks to take part in the movie, in which he is supposed to be given the lawyer role if deals are reached.
Production on the picture is due to begin on June 4 in New York and Montreal for forty-five days to meet a 2008 Canadian theatrical release. French filmmaker Gilles Bourdos is in charge to direct from script he wrote with Michel Spinosa. Producer credits go to Marc Missonnier and Olivier Delbosc for Fidelite Films and Christian Larouche and Christian Gagne for Christal Films.
- Shia LaBeouf Rips Drake, Lil Yachty and More in New Freestyle
- Jennifer Lawrence Reveals Why She Thinks She's a Curse to Hawaiians
- First Footage of 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveils Spidey's Classic Web Wings
- Billy Bob Thornton Wants to Reunite With Angelina Jolie Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Katie Holmes Finally Addresses Her 'Secret Relationship' With Jamie Foxx
- Watch Jessie J Writhe Around in 'Can't Take My Eyes Off You' Video
- Kate McKinnon and T.J. Miller Go Wild in New 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- New 'The Walking Dead' Photo Teases Graphic Scene for Carl in 'Sing Me a Song'