Nicole Kidman Presented with Australia's Highest Civilian Honor
Acting, singing, doing charity work. What else that Nicole Kidman has not yet done? For all she's been doing in her entire career the actress was awarded Australia's top civil honor, the Companion of the Order of Australia, Friday April 13th in a ceremony at Government House in Canberra.
The honor, perceived as equivalent to an English knighthood, was bestowed upon Kidman for her successful film career, as well as for her work promoting women and children's health and cancer research.
"It's a pat on the back, which as a little girl is something you dream of," said Kidman after receiving the honor. Hubby Keith Urban and parents, Janelle MacNeille and Antony Kidman, were all present for the ceremony.
Kidman was actually appointed a Companion in the General Division of the Order of Australia last year, but was unable to attend the 2006 Australia Day festivities to accept the award in person due to film commitments.
More Nicole Kidman News
- Tyga Spotted Shopping With Scott Disick Amidst Claims Rapper Is Bisexual
- Charo Threatens to Quit 'DWTS' Amid Complaints of Unfair Scores
- The Weeknd and Selena Gomez Plan 'Summer Wedding' in Europe
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- 'Santa Clarita Diet' Scores Second Season Renewal on Netflix
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Are Still Dating, Despite Breakup Reports