Nicole Kidman Presented with Australia's Highest Civilian Honor
Acting, singing, doing charity work. What else that Nicole Kidman has not yet done? For all she's been doing in her entire career the actress was awarded Australia's top civil honor, the Companion of the Order of Australia, Friday April 13th in a ceremony at Government House in Canberra.
The honor, perceived as equivalent to an English knighthood, was bestowed upon Kidman for her successful film career, as well as for her work promoting women and children's health and cancer research.
"It's a pat on the back, which as a little girl is something you dream of," said Kidman after receiving the honor. Hubby Keith Urban and parents, Janelle MacNeille and Antony Kidman, were all present for the ceremony.
Kidman was actually appointed a Companion in the General Division of the Order of Australia last year, but was unable to attend the 2006 Australia Day festivities to accept the award in person due to film commitments.
More Nicole Kidman News
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season