Nicole Kidman Presented with Australia's Highest Civilian Honor
Acting, singing, doing charity work. What else that Nicole Kidman has not yet done? For all she's been doing in her entire career the actress was awarded Australia's top civil honor, the Companion of the Order of Australia, Friday April 13th in a ceremony at Government House in Canberra.
The honor, perceived as equivalent to an English knighthood, was bestowed upon Kidman for her successful film career, as well as for her work promoting women and children's health and cancer research.
"It's a pat on the back, which as a little girl is something you dream of," said Kidman after receiving the honor. Hubby Keith Urban and parents, Janelle MacNeille and Antony Kidman, were all present for the ceremony.
Kidman was actually appointed a Companion in the General Division of the Order of Australia last year, but was unable to attend the 2006 Australia Day festivities to accept the award in person due to film commitments.
More Nicole Kidman News
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers