Nicole Kidman Presented with Australia's Highest Civilian Honor
Acting, singing, doing charity work. What else that Nicole Kidman has not yet done? For all she's been doing in her entire career the actress was awarded Australia's top civil honor, the Companion of the Order of Australia, Friday April 13th in a ceremony at Government House in Canberra.
The honor, perceived as equivalent to an English knighthood, was bestowed upon Kidman for her successful film career, as well as for her work promoting women and children's health and cancer research.
"It's a pat on the back, which as a little girl is something you dream of," said Kidman after receiving the honor. Hubby Keith Urban and parents, Janelle MacNeille and Antony Kidman, were all present for the ceremony.
Kidman was actually appointed a Companion in the General Division of the Order of Australia last year, but was unable to attend the 2006 Australia Day festivities to accept the award in person due to film commitments.
- Iggy Azalea and French Montana Are Pictured Kissing as a Source Confirms Their Relationship
- It's Official: 'Pretty Little Liars' to End With Season 7, 'Grimm' Canceled After 6 Seasons
- Red Band Trailer for 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' Sees Halle Berry as the Comedian's Bond Girl
- Watch Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj Ooze Sexiness in 'Side to Side' Video
- Is Kanye West Trying to Make Up With Taylor Swift With This Picture?
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Ben Affleck's Batman May Face Off Deathstroke in Solo Movie
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account