Nicole Kidman Presented with Australia's Highest Civilian Honor
Acting, singing, doing charity work. What else that Nicole Kidman has not yet done? For all she's been doing in her entire career the actress was awarded Australia's top civil honor, the Companion of the Order of Australia, Friday April 13th in a ceremony at Government House in Canberra.
The honor, perceived as equivalent to an English knighthood, was bestowed upon Kidman for her successful film career, as well as for her work promoting women and children's health and cancer research.
"It's a pat on the back, which as a little girl is something you dream of," said Kidman after receiving the honor. Hubby Keith Urban and parents, Janelle MacNeille and Antony Kidman, were all present for the ceremony.
Kidman was actually appointed a Companion in the General Division of the Order of Australia last year, but was unable to attend the 2006 Australia Day festivities to accept the award in person due to film commitments.
More Nicole Kidman News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna