New Line Seduced by "The Latin Lover"
Continuously filling up its future slate, New Line is on the move to develop a comedic feature entitled "The Latin Lover" following its successful attempt to acquire its rights from Spanish actor Santiago Segura, Variety has learned.
Story concerns two seasoned lotharios who are betting on whether they can turn their country club janitor into a debonair playboy in an attempt to determine whether the art of seduction is an innate talent or something that can be taught.
Project will be set up at Benderspink with Chris Bender, JC Spink, and Jake Weiner all producing and Segura executive producing. It is the second teaming New Line and Segura make after "Torrente", an Americanized remake of the actor's hit franchise, which duo Mike Bender and Doug Chernack have been assigned to adapt.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'