New Line Seduced by "The Latin Lover"
Continuously filling up its future slate, New Line is on the move to develop a comedic feature entitled "The Latin Lover" following its successful attempt to acquire its rights from Spanish actor Santiago Segura, Variety has learned.
Story concerns two seasoned lotharios who are betting on whether they can turn their country club janitor into a debonair playboy in an attempt to determine whether the art of seduction is an innate talent or something that can be taught.
Project will be set up at Benderspink with Chris Bender, JC Spink, and Jake Weiner all producing and Segura executive producing. It is the second teaming New Line and Segura make after "Torrente", an Americanized remake of the actor's hit franchise, which duo Mike Bender and Doug Chernack have been assigned to adapt.
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns