Ginger Spice Geri Halliwell Writes Children's Books, Returns to Studio
A mother of one, Geri Halliwell gets her "Girl Power" back. After sometimes off, the former Spice Girl is writing a series of children's books, set for release next year and in the meantime has returned to the studio to record its theme song.
Ginger Spice, so she used to be called, said Thursday April 12th she has landed a six-book publishing deal with Macmillan under a punishing schedule, with a book a month from May next year. She, additionally, also is recording a special song to accompany them and will be reading the audio editions.
Inspired by her 11-months daughter, Bluebell Madonna, the children's books Halliwell writing will chronicle the animated adventures of Ugenia Lavender, a bold and assertive nine-year-old girl who balances everyday school life with solving mysteries and working her way out of fantastic situations.
Among the characters featured in the book is fellow Spice Girl Victoria Adams. With the launching of the children's books Halliwell hopes she can inspire another generation of kids to be bookworms too.
More Geri Halliwell News
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl