Ginger Spice Geri Halliwell Writes Children's Books, Returns to Studio
A mother of one, Geri Halliwell gets her "Girl Power" back. After sometimes off, the former Spice Girl is writing a series of children's books, set for release next year and in the meantime has returned to the studio to record its theme song.
Ginger Spice, so she used to be called, said Thursday April 12th she has landed a six-book publishing deal with Macmillan under a punishing schedule, with a book a month from May next year. She, additionally, also is recording a special song to accompany them and will be reading the audio editions.
Inspired by her 11-months daughter, Bluebell Madonna, the children's books Halliwell writing will chronicle the animated adventures of Ugenia Lavender, a bold and assertive nine-year-old girl who balances everyday school life with solving mysteries and working her way out of fantastic situations.
Among the characters featured in the book is fellow Spice Girl Victoria Adams. With the launching of the children's books Halliwell hopes she can inspire another generation of kids to be bookworms too.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!