Ginger Spice Geri Halliwell Writes Children's Books, Returns to Studio
A mother of one, Geri Halliwell gets her "Girl Power" back. After sometimes off, the former Spice Girl is writing a series of children's books, set for release next year and in the meantime has returned to the studio to record its theme song.
Ginger Spice, so she used to be called, said Thursday April 12th she has landed a six-book publishing deal with Macmillan under a punishing schedule, with a book a month from May next year. She, additionally, also is recording a special song to accompany them and will be reading the audio editions.
Inspired by her 11-months daughter, Bluebell Madonna, the children's books Halliwell writing will chronicle the animated adventures of Ugenia Lavender, a bold and assertive nine-year-old girl who balances everyday school life with solving mysteries and working her way out of fantastic situations.
Among the characters featured in the book is fellow Spice Girl Victoria Adams. With the launching of the children's books Halliwell hopes she can inspire another generation of kids to be bookworms too.
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young After Finding Out He Impregnated His Ex Again
- Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna's Feud Ends. Stars Become 'Close' Friends Now
- Miles Teller Has Halo Screwed to His Skull in 'Bleed for This' Trailer
- Miss Teen USA to Eliminate Swimsuit Competition
- Demi Lovato Debuts Steamy New Single 'Body Say', Brings Out T.I. at 'Future Now' Tour
- Rita Ora Hospitalized due to Exhaustion
- Tom Hanks Is a Hero in First 'Sully' Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Poses Topless for W Magazine. See the NSFW Pic!