Avoids Jail, Snoop Dogg Put on Probation Instead
Good luck charm is still by Snoop Dogg's side. The troubled rapper pleaded no contest to charges of sale or transportation of marijuana and possession of a gun Wednesday April 11th and thus avoided what could have been years-long prison sentence.
Snoop was, instead, given a three-year suspended sentence and handed five years of probation by a Californian court, plus 800 hours of community service with one condition that he could still face jail if he breaks the terms of his sentence. In addition, the star will also be barred from employing security guards who have gang affiliations and be required to ensure that any of his staff who carry a gun have an appropriate license.
Snoop was arrested at Bob Hope Airport in Burbank, Calif., last Oct. 26 on suspicion of transporting marijuana. Police later found a gun at his home. If convicted at trial, he could have faced up to four years in prison.
Has for the many times run in with the law, hopefully Snoop takes good lesson from all and be a better person.
More Snoop Dogg News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked