Avoids Jail, Snoop Dogg Put on Probation Instead
Good luck charm is still by Snoop Dogg's side. The troubled rapper pleaded no contest to charges of sale or transportation of marijuana and possession of a gun Wednesday April 11th and thus avoided what could have been years-long prison sentence.
Snoop was, instead, given a three-year suspended sentence and handed five years of probation by a Californian court, plus 800 hours of community service with one condition that he could still face jail if he breaks the terms of his sentence. In addition, the star will also be barred from employing security guards who have gang affiliations and be required to ensure that any of his staff who carry a gun have an appropriate license.
Snoop was arrested at Bob Hope Airport in Burbank, Calif., last Oct. 26 on suspicion of transporting marijuana. Police later found a gun at his home. If convicted at trial, he could have faced up to four years in prison.
Has for the many times run in with the law, hopefully Snoop takes good lesson from all and be a better person.
More Snoop Dogg News
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier