Avoids Jail, Snoop Dogg Put on Probation Instead
Good luck charm is still by Snoop Dogg's side. The troubled rapper pleaded no contest to charges of sale or transportation of marijuana and possession of a gun Wednesday April 11th and thus avoided what could have been years-long prison sentence.
Snoop was, instead, given a three-year suspended sentence and handed five years of probation by a Californian court, plus 800 hours of community service with one condition that he could still face jail if he breaks the terms of his sentence. In addition, the star will also be barred from employing security guards who have gang affiliations and be required to ensure that any of his staff who carry a gun have an appropriate license.
Snoop was arrested at Bob Hope Airport in Burbank, Calif., last Oct. 26 on suspicion of transporting marijuana. Police later found a gun at his home. If convicted at trial, he could have faced up to four years in prison.
Has for the many times run in with the law, hopefully Snoop takes good lesson from all and be a better person.
More Snoop Dogg News
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early but He Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Brutal Deaths
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting